004

⇢ ˗ˏˋ CHAPTER FOUR ࿐ྂ"Green Meeting Blue

"Green Meeting Blue."

THEA was sitting on the sofa at the John B's place, she was laying in Kie's lap with her legs covering the rest of the couch while the curly maned girl played in her long blonde tresses. The group of teens had just returned to the chateau from the Coast Guard, the area was flooded with Outer Banks natives who decided to poke their noses in police business.

So... of course they did too.

It turned out that there was someone who was dead, a local named Scooter Grubbs. But the one thing that was interesting was that they learned that he was the one with Grady-White.

Meaning, the money and the gun from the motel room? His, all of it. How he managed to end up with it? No one knew, but she had a feeling she and her friends were going to find out.

One way or another.

Pope was panting as he rushed through the screen door of the chateau, "Okay. So, um... we didn't see anything. We don't know anything." He tells them frantically, moving the blonde girl's legs from taking up the couch despite her protests. With a groan she moved her legs and sat up from Kie's lap, she leans back on the pillows behind her and proceeds to pull her legs to her chest as Pope sat beside her. "We need to have total and complete amnesia."

"Actually, Pope's right for once." JJ comments, sitting in the chair diagonally from them on the couch. "See, I agree with you sometimes." He says as he stands to his feet, "Deny, deny, deny."

"Guys, we can't keep that money." Kie speaks up.

"Okay. Not all of us can afford unlimited data plans, Kiara." JJ retorted, sending the curly haired girl an annoyed look.

"We have to pass that off to Lana Grubbs." Kie continued to say, brushing off JJ's words. "Otherwise it's bad karma."

"I'm not fucking with karma, my house already has no air conditioning or power."

"Yeah, and we don't need to add being implicated in a felony to our list of problems." Pope said, agreeing with her statement. "We gotta go dark."

"If that means we get to keep the money, then I agree." JJ says, turning his back to them and standing next to John B.

"Well, I don't agree." the chestnut haired boy said, glancing at JJ before walking off and leaving him standing at the banister by himself.

JJ frowned in puzzlement, turning to him as he walks away. "What? Why?"

"Just think about it." John B replied, she could tell he was gonna go on rant.

His posture always changed and he began to look less like a troublesome teen and more like a professional speaker.