024

CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR ( lost in the storm )

CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR
( lost in the storm )

When they got to the chateau they quickly got to work. JJ unhooked the Phantom from the truck and they helped him push it into the marsh next the dock, then they put all the boxes of food that they got for John B inside of it as well. As they work, JJ and Thea are inside of the Phantom together, making sure the motor runs good. After putting the keys in and waiting for it, the boat's engine comes on, and it sounds just fine. She and JJ smile at eachother before their lips meet in a soft kiss, their way of celebrating the motor running smoothly and working like a charm despite it's age.

After finishing up everything, they were just waiting for the boy in question to arrive so they could send him off. But as they waited for him to show up, a Kildare police vehicle pulled up to the dock. They all looked at eachother with wide eyes, so much for getting away mostly scot-free and helping John B get off the godamn island.

"JJ!" Kie yelled, hoping he had a plan.

"Hey, yeah, get back on the boat." The tousled blonde said urgently, "Untie it." He told Pope who jumped at the task.

"Shit." Kie hissed, eyeing the vehicle.

"Fuck." Thea murmured, standing next to JJ on the boat. "They found us." But then she looked up and noticed something that made her eyes widen in dismay.

Who she saw climbing out of the police cruiser wasn't an officer, but instead it was... John B?

"Wait." JJ said, clearly as stupefied as she was. "No way."

"What the hell?" Thea blinked, her lips fall open in shock as she watched her best friend walk over to them after having just come out of a Kildare police vehicle.

"No f'ing way." Pope muttered in astonishment.

"You've gotta be kidding me..." JJ says, grabbing Thea's hand and leading her out of the Phantom and back onto the dock so she can meet John B.

"I'm sorry?" Kie questioned, totally thrown off as a chuckle leaves her lips. "Uh..."

"Shoupe let me take it for a spin." John B's words seep with mirth, and his hazel eyes glimmer with mischief as he walks to the dock.

Thea snickered, "How generous of him to do so."

"Okay." Kie laughs in relief, "That's believable. I'll buy that for now." She opens her arms for John B to walk into, and he easily pulls her into a hug, holding her tight.

Thea rushed over next as he released the curly maned girl, then she throws her arms around her chestnut haired best friend and holds him tightly, her arms around his neck as she reached up on her toes. "I'm so fucking glad you're okay, JB."