002

CHAPTER TWO ( i spy with my little eye )

CHAPTER TWO
( i spy with my little eye )

When the bell rang, echoing through the classroom, Thea was grabbing her bag and rushing out of her last class for the school day. Since she didn't go to her locker the entire day she didn't need to stop and open it, she pulled her phone out of her pocket and texted her group chat with the fellow Pogues, letting them know that she was waiting in the parking lot for them.

Once she walked out of school she leaned back on the brick wall beside the building, she was staring down at her phone at the influx of texts that came in from her friends. All the while, the end of summer sun was beaming down on her pale skin. When she finally looked up from her phone, she saw JJ walking out of the doors of the building.

She waved him over and he jogged over to her, greeting her with a kiss on her cheek before grabbing her hand. "Hey, Dosia. How was the rest of your day? Because I was wired with anticipation the entire time."

"Me and you both." Thea said in agreement, "I kept staring at the clock, willing the hands to move faster." She shakes her head at herself, "We really need to talk about our plan to get John B's name cleared so he and Sarah can come home."

"And we will, as soon as Pope and Kie hurry their asses up." JJ huffed out a sigh of impatience, glancing around the school. "Where the hell are they?"

Thea frowned, "I have no idea--" A car honked nearby across from them, and she sees Kie's car with the girl in question sticking her hand out the window. "Oh, never mind, there they are."

"Let's go!" Kie yells at them, a smile gracing her features.

JJ and Thea waste no time in running across the crosswalk and hopping into Kie's car, they buckle up their seatbelts in the back with their bags on the floor, then once they're set Kie is stepping on the gas and heading out of the school's parking lot, the dreaded building disappearing in their sights as it gets tinier and tinier.

After the car ride Kie parks in the front lot of The Wreck, they all unbuckle themselves and Thea grabs her bag as she opens the door and climbs out of the car. She closes the door behind her and Kie locks the car up, then they all head up the steps and walk through the establishment. The smell of catfish, shrimp and seafood boils make her stomach rumble, she'll have to grab something before her shift.

As she walks through the set up tables of the restaurant she sees her mom cleaning a table, she smiles as she walks past. "Hi, mom!"

"Oh, hey, sweetie." Melanie says, "How was school?"

"It was good!" Thea tells back, looking over her shoulder as she makes her way to the back door with the others. "We'll talk about it later!" Melanie gives her a thumbs up, then she turns forward and heads out the door that JJ held open for her.