018

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN( love is the true treasure )

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
( love is the true treasure )

THEA joined the hangover squad that morning, the first thing she did when she woke up on the couch bed was flee to the bathroom to rid her stomach of the alcohol she had the night before. When she finished and had nothing left to throw up into the porcelain bowl, she pushed herself to her feet and flushed away the bile.

Then she stood at the sink and furiously scrubbed her teeth, not satisfied until the acid taste was gone. She spit the foam into the sink, and gargled some mouthwash for extra measure before she exits.

She walked into the kitchen and her stomach rumbled, this time from hunger and not from nausea. She makes herself some toast and lathers it with strawberry jam, then she picks up the plate and heads out the front porch where she heard the voices of her friends.

"That was epic." She heard Pope express to the others as she walked out the door.

Kie craned her neck to her, she smiles softly. "Morning, Thea."

"Hi, Thea." John B greeted her.

"Hey, T." Pope said, smiling at her.

She waves at them, wordlessly.

JJ's brows furrowed, observing her sluggish nature. "You okay, shortcake?"

"Yeah," She mumbles, sitting down on the couch with Kie. She picks up her toast and takes a bite of it, "Just hungover. Anyway, what are y'all talking about? Pope mentioned something epic."

"Oh, just last night." Pope confirmed, she simply nods as she takes another bite of her toast.

"Did you guys see Kelce's face?" John B brought up, eagerly.

"Mm, I never got to say it, but nice punch, Pope."

Pope shot her a grin, "Thanks, T."

"Bomb drop!" JJ drops himself into the other couch, it breaks almost immediately from the impact.

John B groans in annoyance, "Another broken couch."

Thea rolls her eyes, "Nice going, babe."

"You gotta sleep there tonight." Pope tells JJ, as he stands up and walks back to the railing where he once stood.

"I always sleep there." JJ replied, shrugging his shoulders. Then suddenly, he whistles in John B's direction as the porch door opens, Sarah apparently has decided to swing by. "Well, hello, princess."

Thea sits up slightly, "Hey, Sarah."

"What's up?" Kie asked her.

"Shouldn't you be on Figure Eight with your little group of polo players?" John B questioned as she walked froward, fiddling with her hands. "Did you break up with Topper?"