variety is the spice of life

[12 years ago]

-----💊x💲-----

Y/N thinks that one of the best traits of the Baek family - at least their line of Baek - is that once they've committed to something, they're all in. Whether it be short term or long term, a Baek gives their all in the pursuit of it. Single-minded fervor? Mayhaps, but it's this very fervor that produced so many notable Baeks in their family. For example, Y/N's grandfather, Baek Yoosung, is the reason why the Baeks have flourished even more, opening sub-branches throughout the other cities of South Korea and spreading their influence more, as well as opening a lot of job opportunities. 

And as a proud Baek daughter, Y/N follows in the footsteps of those who came before her and threw herself wholeheartedly into her new hobby.

Biking. 

She doesn't have much time, having only two days to prepare a presentation to pitch to her parents, but Y/N is determined, and gripped with fervor, and so she made it work. Free time was spent researching, making notes on important parts and focusing on a general overview, ignoring the finer details for the moment. Then comes making the structure of her presentation; disadvantages (to show that Y/N acknowledges that biking has its imperfections), advantages (to convince her parents that despite the disadvantages, there are good things too. 

And finally, the benefits, both personal and as a collective. 

See, the Baek Group - while having a fingers in a lot of pies - the main source of their fortune is their focus in electronics. Specifically, the development of them; electronics that improve the quality of life. From medical electronics, computer software and hardware, automobiles and even military, their Baek Group has a hand in those. At some point or other, at least.

But now, Y/N has accidentally stumbled a new avenue their family can explore in. 

Sports. 

Y/N's mind spun when she realized this, at the beginning of her research. But once her realization set in, she's become more rabid with researchin, practically frothing at the mouth as she made notes. 

(Y/N could hear her classmates talk about her, wondering why Baek Y/N is being weirder than usual. 

Y/N can't wait to see the looks on her faces when they find out Y/N plans to start biking. 

And maybe bike with Choi-sunbae and his friend, but that's a topic for another time.) 

So for two days, Y/N worked her ass off, barely juggling her regular school work on top of tutoring plus her research, but by Sunday, Y/N is literally kicking back by their house's pool, wearing a pretty sundress, a wide-brimmed hat on her head, and sipping cranberry juice that she poured into a wine glass. 

(Just to be fancy, you know.) 

This was how Bora-unnie found Y/N hours later, the youngest Baek sister lounging, smug as you please. 

Bora-unnie's brow quirks up, and Y/N grins up at her older sister. Lifting up her 'drink', Y/N greets her older sister. "'Sup Unnie." Y/N says. 

Bora-unnie snorts. "Did you just steal wine from Eomma's wine cellar?" 

"No, this is cranberry juice." 

"Ah." Bora-unnie takes a seat on the chair next to Y/N, giving her youngest sister an amused look. "Someone's relaxed." 

"Of course!" Y/N chirps, practically oozing confidence from every inch of her body. "I practically got this in the bag! Hehe." 

Bora-unnie shakes her head with a smile. "Then let's see how well you do in convincing Eomma and Appa tonight."  She murmurs.