feeling just like young gods

[11 years ago]

-----💊x💲-----

Years almost flew by too fast for Y/N to keep track of.

One day, she stepped into high school for the first time, and now, she's graduating; flour in her hair and uniform, and she's smiling so wide her cheeks hurt. Her diploma, proof of her educational excellence and mandatory presence in school, is safely in her bag, and so she can run rampant all she likes today. She has fistfuls of flour in both hands, what's probably a feral glint in her eye, and she's having the time of her life along with her classmates and friends. Celebrating high school graduation as loudly and as chaotically as they could. Their teachers - just for today - can't stop them, after all, so it would be a waste to stay put and be docile on such a momentous day.

"Baek Y/N, prepare to eat flour!" One of Y/N's boy classmates yell, arm raised, but Y/N only grins.

She won't go down that easily, after all!

And she proves she's once again the top dog in their year by easily swerving out of the thrown flour's way, only to (gently!) smack her classmate's face with her own hand that's holding flour. A lot of flour.

She laughs raucously as her friends coughs violently, grinning all the while, and her own mirth was her own downfall, considering someone immediately nailed her in the face with flour as well.

The whole school was a mess, it was pure chaos. It was fun.

But for Y/N, it wasn't complete. Not without Sangho-oppa and Mahon-oppa no longer there with her.

Reminders of her dear sunbae made Y/N remember, and she escapes the war zone to give herself a brief respite from the fun chaos.

From the depths of her uniform, Y/N digs out her phone and opens the camera, switching the view to selfie mode. She throws up a peace sign and a big grin, before hitting the capture button. Y/N laughs at herself, the her in the picture an absolute mess of tangled hair, flour, and rumpled clothes, but there's no mistaking the joy in her eyes, in the flush of her face. It was the very picture of a kid who's very proud to have graduated, and knowing she did well.

She happily sends it to their group chat - consisting of her, Sangho-oppa and Mahon-oppa - before she puts her phone away. No use waiting for her two sunbae to reply; they're in a competition right now, so who knows when they'll reply? Besides, it wasn't a bother to Y/N, who is also used to the rigorous training of cycling and the much more brutal events that they all participate it.

A cool breeze whips past Y/N, ruffling her hair and clothes, and she takes a moment to just... breathe.

Years flew by too fast, ever since that fateful day Sangho-oppa declared himself to be her mentor, and Y/N's life has never been the same since. In a good way, of course.

Sangho-oppa and Mahon-oppa are polar opposites, on or off the track, but even then, they're the two most reliable people Y/N knows. Sangho-oppa with his strict, nigh-monstrous demands during training and high expectations, but does the same and even more himself; his drive admirable and inspiring. And Mahon-oppa, who was easy-going and fun-oriented, but has the loftiest ambitions; desiring to be the fastest cyclist in South Korea- no, the world.

And Y/N...

Y/N was firmly between their personalities; sharing Mahon-oppa's cheerfulness, but also possessing Sangho-oppa's drive. It was a good balance, the three of them, and soon enough, their trio has been dubbed the 'golden trio' in the cycling team. Three rookies that are immediately acknowledged and respected by the team sunbae. Three rookies who were predicted to be the key players in future events, given time and experience.