bare your teeth

[12 years ago]

-----💊x💲-----

As Y/N discovers, Choi Sangho-sunbae is terrifying. And with how the older student led her out onto the hallway, towering over her with a nasty twist to his expression, Y/N can only feel like prey being cornered by a predator, who is only seconds away from ripping her throat out. Cold fear slithering down her spine, making her sweat and fear to lump in her throat. 

It was horrible; Y/N had sorely mistaken Choi-sunbae's mercy, because apparently, the guy had none of it. 

Absolutely none of it.

"You think this is some joke?" Choi-sunbae drawls, his tone conveying such contempt that it would've been impressive if Y/N isn't the focus of it. "Is this some sort of prank; a waste of time borne of boredom? You freshman ought to know your place." 

His words cut deep; if Y/N was anyone else, she probably would've cried then and there. But as it is, the words cut deep into her, but with every hurt comes anger. Offense on her own behalf.

"Yah, Sangho-ah, aren't you being too harsh?" Jo-sunbae - who came out of nowhere and tried to protect the poor little freshman - rebukes his friend, his brows furrowed as he tries to pull Choi-sunbae away from Y/N. "Give the kid a break. And I'm sure she didn't mean it as a joke or as something malicious!" 

Choi-sunbae jerks his shoulder out of Jo-sunbae's hold, mouth twisting into a snarl as he glares at his friend. "And you're too fucking nice." Is the white-haired sunbae's reply. 

Jo-sunbae frowns. "There's nothing wrong with being nice." He replies tersely, and honestly, Y/N is ready to bolt just to escape the imminent argument. Or before she punches someone in the face. 

Y/N isn't a violent person, she really isn't! But something about Choi-sunbae rubbed her the wrong way, ruffling her feathers and offending every single on of her sensibilities. It would've been hilariously impressive if it wasn't so vexing. 

Choi-sunbae scoffs, shaking his head. "Not when it's the reason you get scammed into things like this-" Choi-sunbae shakes Y/N's journal for emphasis, and something inside Y/N snaps. 

Y/N has done a lot of shameless things in her life, ranging from minor things to major ones. This one is a little on the more embarrassing ones, but even so- 

Even so...!

Y/N, quick like a snake, snatches her journal from Choi-sunbae, who stares in surprise. Clearly unprepared for the ease and speed at which Y/N took back her journal. Y/N, on her part, can only quietly shake with her suppressed rage, poisonous words threatening to bubble past her lips and cut into Choi-sunbae the same way he cut her with his own words. 

But she holds back - just barely - and keeps her own cruel words to herself. She won't stoop to Choi-sunbae's level. And with that said-

"I really thought that Choi-sunbae was a cool guy for being an academic achiever and practically a professional athlete at his age, but..." She can't help but glare viciously at the white-haired sunbae. Let it not be said that Y/N won't fight to defend herself, even if she's holding back. She's never taken offense lying down, and she wasn't about to start being a doormat now. "No wonder there's a saying 'never meet your idols'!" 

God, to think that Y/N planned to use this guy to grow close to the Choi Groups and their resources. Bridge the Baek Groups to the Choi Groups to revolutionize South Korea's world of sports...! Y/N was aware that Choi-sunbae doesn't really have the nicest of personalities, basic research on the guy is already saying much about that, but to think the guy is this bad...!