Six - Training & Allies?

Thalia's POV:

I wake up late the next morning and have to rush to get ready. I quickly put on a red, gray, and black body suit and head out the door with Gale.

We're the last one to arrive and after a quick speech from the head training, we start going to stations.

"Where to first, my lady?" Gale asks in a very posh voice.

"Haha, very funny, Gale." I begin to say sarcastically. "But I want to go talk with Thresh and Rue."

"Ok." He nods and we start to walk over to where the District 11 tributes are.

I plan on asking them to be allies because why not? I like them, Gale likes them, Rue reminds me of Prim, Thresh is strong and can handle a scythe (a/n: i think that's how you spell it idk), and with Gale and I's skills the four of us could be unstoppable and a threat.

So, the first thing I say when we walk up to them is, "We need to talk."

They share a look between each other before Rue says, "Ok." And leads us to a private corner of the training room.

Gale looks at me before clearing his throat. "We want to become allies with you."

"Because just think," I begin to whisper excitedly. "With Thresh and Gale's strength, my weapon and survival skills, and Rue's cleverness we could be unstoppable in the arena."

"Plus, we genially like you guys and think we can trust you." Gale adds.

"So, what do you say?" I ask.

Again, they share a small look with each other before Thresh nods and Rue says, "Ok, but we'll have to ask our mentors."

"Haymitch, our mentor, already said he'd talk to them." I say smiling.

"Ok, so want to stick together or what?" Thresh asks.

"Spilt up in pairs maybe?" Gale suggests.

"Yeah, that sounds like a good plan" Rue agrees.

"Ok we'll stick with our district partners and meet back up at lunch." I say, taking charge.

Everyone agrees and we quickly split up. I notice the District 7 tributes, who actually look like they can handle a weapon. The male tribute is throwing spears while the female is throwing/handling an axe.

"Allies?" Gale whispers to me.

"Allies." I confirm and walk towards the female while Gale goes to the male. 

"Hello." I say making the girl drop her axe.

"Hello?" She says back hesitantly.

"Alright let's cut to the chase. I want you as an ally alongside your district partner. I've seen how you handle an axe and how he handles a spear. So, what do you say," I stick my hand out to her. "Allies?"

"How do I know you won't betray me, and will it be just you I'm working with or your district partner too?" She asks looking at me dead in the eyes.

"You'll work with me and my district partner, alongside the District 11 tributes. And yes, you don't know if I'll betray you. You just have to trust me." I say with a small smile.

"Ok, allies." She sighs after a few minutes and shakes my hand.

"Great! I'm Thalia, Thalia Runners from District 12."

"I know who you are." She says with a smirk. "I'm Elizabeth Hancock from District 7, but you can call me Liz." 

The bell rings for lunch, so, Liz and I head to the cafeteria, get our food and sit down by Rue and Thresh who are already there. Gale and the District 7 boy join us soon after.

"Why are they here, Runners?" Thresh asks me.

"I was thinking they could be a part of our group."

"Oh, ok." Rue says. Good. I think to myself. Rue and Thresh approve.

"Why don't we go around the table and say our names, district, and weapon of choice to get to know each other better." Rue suggests and everyone agrees. 

"Ok, I'll go first." Gale says. "My name's Gale Hawthorne from District 12, and my weapon of choice is a sword." He motions for the District 7 guy to go next.

"Sam Ly, District 7, weapon of choice is a spear."

"Name's Elizabeth, but you can call me Liz. I'm from District 7 and my weapon of choice is an axe but I can use daggers too just not that well."

"Hi, my name's Rue and I'm from 11! And I don't really have a weapon of choice, but I can use a slingshot pretty well!" Everybody smiles as Rue speaks.

"Thresh. District 11. Scythe."

"And I'm Thalia Runners, from District 12. And my weapons are a bow and arrow, Aswell as knives but I'm better at knives."

The six of us talk for the rest of lunch and training where Gale and I keep our heads down and don't show off our skills.

When we go back to the penthouse Effie tells us to get ready because we'll be having dinner with the District 11 team shortly.

"Can you ask Haymitch to invite 7 too?" Gale asks.

"Yeah, we asked them to be a part of our ally group today." I add, backing Gale up.

"Ok, I'll tell Haymitch."

"Thank you, Effie." i give her a quick hug and then go to get ready.

***************************************

A/n:

Hey guys, I hope you're enjoying the book so far. I don't know if those are the actual names for the district 7 tributes or skills, I just based them on what actors played them in the movies, and what skills I wanted them to have. So yeah. Please don't forget to comment, vote and please follow me.

Love y'all and happy reading!

WORD COUNT: 897 words