Three - Goodbyes

Thalia's POV:

Me and Gale are quickly escorted off the stage and into the Justice Building. I remember the last time I was in this very building, and it was to accept a medal that my father had earned from the mine accident.

Of course, Gale had been there too seeing as his father also died in the explosion. I give his hand a tight squeeze, letting him know I'm there.

When the peacekeepers try to separate us, I refuse. But after some coaxing from Gale, we're separated into different rooms to say our goodbyes.  

The Everdeen Family are the first to come see me. 

"You have to win." Prim says as soon as she walks, more like runs, through the door, enveloping me in a hug.

"I'll try, I promise, Flower."

Katniss hugs me next. "You have to come back, Knives" She begins saying frantically. "I can't do this without you."

"Like I already told Prim, I'll win and come back to you, Kat."

She nods before the peacekeepers come in, telling them their time is up.

"Wait!" Primrose quickly runs back inside and slips something into my hand. "For luck." She whispered and then left my sight for possibly the last time.

I open my hand to see the gold pin I had given Prim. It was a mocking jay, a bird, unbeknownst to Prim, our fathers loved.

I felt my eyes start to water as I stare down at the simple item in my hand. 

"For luck." I mutter under my breath, clenching my fist and eyes closed tight. I have to win the games now. For Prim and Katniss.

***********************************************

A/n:

I accidentally posted this chapter before it was finished but it should be fixed now! Also, don't worry the storyline will start to pick up soon, so, please hang in there. lol.

Anyways, love y'all and happy reading!

WORD COUNT: 302 words