𝐏𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐮𝐦𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐫 ---♡ XIV

"a pink colored
heart forecast,"

༺♡༻

"can I do your hair, fushiguro-kun?" a tilted glance was thrown his way as she waited for his answer. a small smile slowly began to appear as her heart begun to thump loudly.

"...sure?" he wasn't quite sure why she wanted to style his hair-- the only thing he knew was that she loved his hair the way it was already.

so why style it?

"if you're curious as to why... well I wanted to test a theory of mine." she faded away as she walked into a different room-- the reason being to gather a brush, hair ties, clips, and a mirror for him to see.
she also grabbed a straightener, but he didn't know that.

"the theory being?" he heard her giggle before she reappeared and placed all the things on the table in front of him.

"the theory being: how do you look with straightened hair. trust me, love, I adore your hair the way it is already. but, I'm quite curious if you'll let me style it and straighten it."

"go ahead... just don't fry my hair." she chuckled and placed a quick kiss on his cheek before spraying and brushing his hair.

a determined smile took the place of her loving and small one.

"I hope you don't find it uncomfortable, okay?"

this made him worry-- uncomfortable how? the only thing he knew was that he placed all of his trust into her.
so why be uncomfortable?

but he disregarded it. he needn't a thought so harmless plague his mind.
plus he didn't think she'd purposely harm his hair in any way, why would she?

so he just let the overthought thought vanish, and let her play with his hair.
and it was needless of him to worry, he had confidence she wouldn't harm him in any way.

--

an hour had passed and megumi patiently waited for y/n to hand him the mirror.

"so, in the end I decided not to straightwn your hair. but I did add a few bow clips... I hope you don't mind that. also! I realized your hair is hard to tame..."

he turned around towards her and just kissed her nose.

"it's okay. I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy this whether it's bad or good." she nodded and held the mirror up for him.

he took in the fact that she pulled his hair into braids that stuck out in different directions.
which made him look like a six year old who did their hair for the first time.
they also had little bows at the end of each braid.

"so... how do you like it? I know it's not the best, but I tried...! the only person I've ever done hair of is haru's, which is longer than yours... but it's nice to braid. I also didn't know how you'd react so I don-"

she was cut off by megumi.
she looked at him. taking in all the features that showed themselves to her; she couldn't help but smile.

"I like the braids.... they're not that bad..." the tips of his ears were slightly red. a small faint blush began to render his beauty once more as the words hung in the air.

"you do?"

she needed confirmation that he liked them.
after all, these braids and bow were just something she decided to do instead of frying his hair like she planned to before.

"I do."

she cupped his face. her eyes softened and her heart begun to beat at an irregular pace. her stomach filled with butterflies as she stared at him.

his eyes were a beautiful color. they seemed to hold a place in her heart as she stared at him.
she could tell from them that someday he'd see the wonders of the world. that he'd accomplish so much.

her thumb softly rubbed his cheek. the faint blush that was appearing lightly darkened as she stared him so tenderly. so lovingly.
her look spoke thousands of words, yet it said the simplest thing he knew she felt towards him.
her eyes seemed to say the words that they often said to each other. she, at this moment, seemed so loving, so gentle, and so caring towards him. she didn't wear a look of anything that was the opposite.

"I'm glad you like it, megumi."

she leaned forward and placed a gentle kiss on his forehead. she lingered there for a few seconds.

she stood and left for a few seconds before coming back.

her hands held something behind her back, the excited smile she wore seemed to hide the truth although being obvious.

"valentine's day is today, and... I had many people give me gifts, and since we're together... I bought you chocolates...." she held a red heart shaped box out to him.

her head hung low as she waited for him to respond.
somehow this felt more nerve wrecking than when she confessed to him. than when they shared their first kiss, and it seemed to create a core memory for her as she awaited his answer.

but she heard his small giggle and felt his hands be placed on her own. they were warm and soft, and they were so gentle as he grabbed the chocolate from her.

"thank you, l/n-san."

the kiss they shared seemed much more loving than before. it held a passion that was intimate yet pure. it had an atmosphere that said their thoughts and feelings.

it seemed to ask them to lean on each other until their parting. until they decided that they were no longer a match for each other.

however, they both knew that would be inevitable. they were somehow, in a way, soulmates without saying so. they were connected far before their meeting.

so this moment shared between the two seemed as though it was years of love craved into one short kiss. it made to be the kiss that guided them to their hearts.

it said the very things they were afraid to say.

"I love you, megumi."

he gave her a loving look.

"I love you, y/n."

༺♡༻

"as our gazes
overlap."