𝐏𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐮𝐦𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐫 ---♡ XV

"I wanna be high
all the time. would
you come with me?"

༺♡༻

megumi stood outside of y/n's house. he pulled at the collar of his white button up; they were going go on an unofficial-official date. except haru was coming them, hence the unofficial.

he didn't mind though, he enjoyed the kid's presence, as well as the fact that haru behaved and hardly did anything wrong.
plus, y/n herself asked if haru could join because she couldn't find a babysitter for him, and ei and aki were out of town.

he dressed up though.
it wasn't to impress her. they were too far into the relationship for them to impress each other. so just being there for support was enough for him and her.

and it was the best feeling for y/n, considering she hardly had their father there for support, or for any help.

"okay, me and haru are ready to go." he admired her as she stood there, he let the sentence hang in the air for a while before nodding.

he held out his hand for haru to grab.
he had spent so much time with them it became engraved into his mind the habits both l/n siblings did.

"have you decided where to go?" instead of him choosing and leading the, he decided to let her lead and choose for this date.

"hmm, me and haru decided to go to the park. you know... the one where we went on one of our dates."

"the one around the corner of the street?" he asked, grabbing y/n's bag as she locked the house door.

"yep. I thought it'd be great, don't you think so? and maybe we can pick something up to eat for dinner, yeah?" megumi nodded, and soon enough they began their walk to the park.

--

megumi stared at the side of y/n's face as she watched haru play on the playground.

she turned her towards him and smiled.
she knew he was staring, at this point it was habit.

"is there something wrong, fushiguro-kun?" he shook his head, turning his head away from her.

"fushiguro-kun, do you have any plans after you graduate?" somehow the entire park went silent although there were children yelling and running around.

he hadn't put much thought into it. he knew at some point this question would be asked, however, he hoped it was later rather than sooner.

his answer would've been simple.
'I'd continue being a sorcerer until then.' but, he didn't expect to meet her on the way to graduation.

however, now that he actually thought about it...
he knew he wasn't going to break up with her just yet. he had been with her for too long to just throw away the relationship he built.

"I haven't thought about it yet. what about you, l/n-san?"

"I'll take care of haru until he comes of age. I'll also work full time at the job I have currently. and perhaps take care of you if we continue to be together."

she went silent before continuing.

"n-not that I'm forcing you to stay with me!!" she quickly became embarrassed. to which he started laughing at, this only made her become even more sheepish as she heard him laugh.

"there's no need to say it. I know that isn't what you mean." he quickly composed himself before speaking again. "I, uhm, also see a future with you, just so you know."

the sudden confession made her become quiet, she no longer muttered anything under her breath.

those simple spoken words made her heart thump and beat erratically as she took them in.

he saw a future.... with her...?

which also meant he was happy to be with her, to spend time with her, that he actually enjoyed being around her.

"you do...?" she didn't know he actually loved her much more than what he gave off. somehow this sudden acknowledgment made her become flustered, love, and hopeful for the future they shared.

she needed confirmation.

"yeah, I do. do you not see a future of us together?"

she shook her head, a small laugh was only audible enough for him to hear.

this made his heart slowly beat faster as he awaited the answer.

"I do. I've seen it in plain sight for so long. it's all I can think about whenever I'm asked this question by my friends." she stared down at the bench table, a smile present as she reach out towards his hand. "I've always had the nagging feeling that I was just thinking too far ahead. thinking about a future that probably wouldn't happen, I've thought about it so much... but now I'm relieved to know I wasn't alone."

"relived...?"

"yeah, relieved. I guess your revelation took a great burden off my chest."

she looked up and smiled at him.
he couldn't help it, not when she seemed to content at the moment. not when he knew he bought her a great relief.

he pulled her into a hug.
to any normal person it would seem simple, that the hug just said the words people were afraid to say.
but the hug they shared said that he had a great burden taken off his chest with her words.

although she was just saying what was on her mind, he knew she was relaxed now that they were out there.

perhaps his future with her was different than what he had planned. and that it was a future where he didn't need a significant other-- just himself.

but meeting her created a conflict within him that seemed stupid. but, that meeting with her wasn't accidental. nor by chance.

it seemed planned already, and whoever planned it... well he'll give a thanks to them when he finds out later.

he placed a kiss onto her forehead.
an effortless gesture, but it said that he loved her much more than she could comprehend at the moment.

and perhaps that was all he needed to use to say he appreciated her presence and love that she gave him.

he was ultimately grateful for her.

༺♡༻

"further apart, the
closer that we are."