Ben Cook

Ben and I have been friends since we were 6 years old, everything is great with our friendship except for one thing. I am kinda sorta maybe in love with him. I know, I know you shouldn’t be in love with your best friend but he is soooo fine. He has permed strawberry blonde hair, ocean blue eyes and the most gorgeous smile there ever was. I’m pretty sure though he doesn’t think of me that way which is very sad. 

“y/n, y/n, dude are you alive?” Rachel said, waving her hand in my face. I finally woke up from my trance. 

“What do you need? I was busy daydreaming.” I said, hitting her hands out of my face. Yes I know what you all are asking and yes Rachel knows about my little big crush on Ben. 

    “Ooooh what were you thinking about?” She asked sarcastically. 

    “You know what.” I said back, throwing a raspberry at her. Then two rough muscular hands covered my eyes. I jumped a bit. 

    “Guess who.” It was Ben’s voice.                                                                     

    “Umm.. Big Bird.” I said jokingly. 

    “Nope.” Ben said, sitting down at our lunch table. “Surprised?” he said. 

    “Honestly I was kinda hoping for Big Bird.” I said sarcastically.

     “ Wow y/n, I’m hurt.” he said, covering up his heart.  “How is my favorite lady doing today?” He said, digging through my lunch bag like he always did. 

    “I have to, um, go to the library and study for that, um, big test I have to take.” Rachel told us, giving me a look that said: “I’ll leave you two lovebirds alone.” 

“She is doing just fine. How is my favorite man doing?” I said back, nudging his elbow. 

    “ So how did your audition go?” I asked him. Ya see, Ben has always loved performing and he is very very good at it. So, he auditioned for a broadway role in a musical called “Newsies” as “Racetrack Higgens”. 

    “Oh, uh, how bout this, let’s get some dinner afterschool. Pick you up at say, 7:30?” Ben asked me.

    “Um, ya, sure. 7:30” I said back. I was kinda scared. Why won’t he tell me here? And with that the bell rang and now it's time for Health. 

    Ok if I’m being honest I didn't pay much attention to my classes.

 After School though that's when my fun began. First I showered, then I did my hair, I spent extra time on my makeup to look all pretty for Benny Boo and finally picked out this really pretty red dress from my closet. By the time I finished doing all this it was already 7:25. I grabbed my purse and down the stairs I went. I sat on the couch and waited for a knock at the door. After what seemed like an eternity the knock finally came. I opened the door and, oh my lordy lord, did Ben look hot. He was wearing a black suit. I think black suits make all guys ten times more hot. 

    “Oh y/n, you look stunning.” Ben said, his jaw basically on the floor. 

    “Not so bad yourself Benjamin.” I smirked at my comment. “ Ok ready?” I asked.

“Oh, um, yeah.” he said. I shut the door and Ben led me to his car. When we got to the restaurant and seated and everything I finally asked him if he got the part or not. 

“Um, ok, I got the part.” Ben said, he didn’t seem excited. 

“Oh my gosh! Congratulations!” I exclaimed, clapping my hands for him. “Why don’t you seem more excited?” I asked him. 

“Because y/n, that meansI have to go to New York.” Ben gloomy said. 

“Oh when?” I asked. 

“Tomorrow.” he bluntly said. I could already feel the tears welling up in my eyes. Unfortunately he could see this.  

“Do you want me to go?” He said, grabbing my hands and stroking them with his thumbs.

“Ben, Of course I want you to go… I just wanted to see where things go with us.” I said.

“Believe me y/n, so did I.” He said, kissing my hands.

“Is it ok if we go now? I'm getting tired and I have a big test tomorrow.” I said putting my jacket on.

“Of course,” Ben said. The ride home was as quiet as can be. We didn’t even listen to the radio. When we got to my driveway Ben gave me a very long, passionate kiss, it was like we were communicating through our lips. After a few seconds of doing this (and by seconds I mean minutes) I left the car choking back tears knowing that the next time I see Ben (if I ever do) he’ll be a completely different person. 

I barely slept last night, I was mostly crying or punching my pillow. So when my alarm “woke me up” I was not surprised when I looked in the mirror and my eyes were puffy and my hair was all over the place. I didn’t really try to get ready like I always do. I put on some sweats and one of Ben’s hoodies that he left here one time. My hair was in a very messy bun because I did not care what it looked like. When I was done “getting dressed” I went back to bed. I decided not to go to school. I was woken up by someone honking very loudly outside, so I went to my window to see who was disturbing my slumber. It was Ben. Why is he here? He should be in New York? I run downstairs, tears running down my face as I am. I get outside, run up to him and give him a very passionate kiss. When we finally break apart he takes his thumbs and wipes my tears. 

“Why are you crying?” He says while doing so. 

“I thought I would never see you again.” I say, practically bawling now.

“You really think I could go the rest of my life without seeing you?” Ben says, looking into my dark brown eyes. I simply shrug my shoulders. 

“Why aren't you in New York?” I asked him. 

“I couldn’t go,” he said.

“Why not? Did they give the part to someone else?” I asked, confused. 

“No, When I saw you yesterday in the car, crushed. I could not live with myself if I left.” Ben said, grabbing my hands. 

“Ben it’s not about me it’s about you and your career.” I said pulling my hands away.

“y/n, if I cared about my career over you I would be on the plane to New York now.” He said, re-grabbing my hands. “Can we just kiss already?” He said looking into my eyes.

“Of course.” I said, giving him a very passionate kiss.

                            End.