{Love First, Politics Later}-{Historical AU}

Day #5

April 28th- Prompt:

Mask

"You dropped from the sky and made me a king."

Historical AU

—————————-————————

"You both shall battle to the death to see who will inherit my throne."

Those were the words uttered by the ill king, Zed Crossman.

The two princes present looked at each other.

Alberu Crossman and Bob Crossman.

The two princes bowed to show respect and prepared for battle. One would die a week from now. The arena where the battle would be was set and the two princes could only prepare for a gruesome battle.

Alberu knew Bob had a bigger chance of winning, with many more people supporting him in the palace.

Though on the day of the battle, he never expected his own brother would stoop so low.

Alberu, bleeding while being ambushed by multiple knights that entered the arena. He didn't know why no one stopped such a low act, but his survival came first.

'Hahaha... Fuck.' Alberu knew he had lost once his legs started to quiver as if his body weight was too much for his legs to withstand. He could see Bob Crossman with a devious smirk on his face in the back, looking at his pitiful older brother.

The crowd cheered on, excited to see a new king become born.

That was until lightning struck the knight about to behead Alberu, killing him instantly. The crowd gasped, though not in sorrow but amusement.

"W-what-" Bob murmured, looking at the clear blue sky with discontent.

Though silence enveloped not only the battlefield, the crowd as what seemed to be a gorgeous maiden came from the sky, landing with a loud thud as dust flew into the air.

What seemed to be a beautiful lady with shoulder-length red hair with a veil covering her face appeared, black clothes accompanying the black veil.

"Alberu Crossman, you are meant to be King." The lady, no, man, spoke. After hearing the male's deep voice, they realized the gorgeous lady was actually a feminine man.

Alberu's lips trembled at that statement that no one had told him before. In a flash, the knights were killed and the man, Cale Henituse, looked at the other prince who was on the ground, his entire body shaking in fear.

"Alberu Crossman," Cale spoke informally which Alberu didn't mind as he stared at his younger brother.

Cale walked up to the blonde and placed Alberu's sword in his hands. "This is your battle, finish it." Were the simple words spoken by the redhead who walked to the edge of the arena, awaiting the ultimate death of Bob Crossman.

"W-wait, Hyung-nim, we are broth-" Bob was cut off by Alberu who swiftly chopped his young brother's head off, the crowd cheering in joy, the plot twist giving all of them whiplash.

"Who are you?" Alberu questioned, sword still in hand. Though he was grateful, he didn't know who this redhead was. If he had come to assassinate the royal family (Which he doubted because he saying he was meant to be king,) then he would have no choice but to behead the redhead where he stood.

"I am someone who is making sure that Alberu Crossman becomes King as he is fated to be." The redhead said, not minding how the person he spoke about was suspicious of him.

"My name is Cale Henituse." The man, no, Cale said cheerfully, putting his hand out for Alberu to shake.

Alberu looked at the land for a second before putting his sword back in his sheathe and shaking the hand of the man who spoke oh very sweet words to Alberu,

And just like that, six years passed.

Hardships like internal and external conflict, natural disasters, and even war passed, all of that was successful for Alberu's kingdom because of one man.

Cale Henituse.

That crazy bastard was the best connection Alberu Crossman could ever make.

Cale Henituse seemed to have an unlimited number of allies and held great power himself. Though the crazy punk seemed to always get injured one way or another, always using himself as a shield, which was ironic because he literally had a power that let him cast a holy-looking shield.

Though unwanted by the King, Alberu Crossman, feelings for the mysterious man arose.

Cale Henituse still covered his face with a veil and never explained anything about how and why he saved Alberu. It infuriated the young King to an extent he had never felt before.

So Alberu did the only thing a King would do.

Get answers no matter the cost.

Alberu called for Cale who got there in a matter of minutes, barging into the blonde's office as usual. Alberu sighed at the only man who was ever disrespectful to him so blatantly. "What is it, Your Majesty?" Cale asked, bowing quickly as if wanting to get greetings over with.

Alberu got out of his seat and stood in front of the confused redhead. Cale let out a surprised yelp when he was yanked by his chin, only a few centimeters away from the King's face.

"Who are you really?" Alberu asked, though not seriously as his sly smile made its way to his lips which made Cale get goosebumps.

"I am Cale Henituse-"

"I know that. I want to know your motive. Why did you save me?" Alberu said, cutting off the dense redhead who blinked a few times, though not seen because of the black veil covering his face.

The wind blew into the room from an open window, making the black veil sway and show a frown accompanying the redhead's face, a complete contrast to Alberu's sly smirk.

"Well, there is no need to answer my question now. Though a suitable punishment is needed for those who don't follow my orders." Alberu said, his other hand reaching upwards.

Cale was ready to be slapped until an unexpected move was cast by Alberu Crossman, making Cale's eyes shake as his dark shaded vision turned bright for the first time in years, finally seeing how bright the golden hair truly was.

"Your face is more than enough for now," Alberu said triumphantly, analyzing the pale, thin face of the redhead's. He saw how Cale's reddish-brown eyes trembled subtly in shock, making him more amused than in the beginning.

After being satisfied enough to stop looking at the beautiful face of Cale's, he grabbed him by the waist which made Cale softly wince in a mix of pain and shock from the harsh grab.

"You fell from the sky and made me a King," Alberu said, amusement seeping into his voice that seemed so loud in the quiet room. Air seemed to stop flowing into Cale's lungs as he was pulled in a kiss, his trembling eyes shaking more at the action from Alberu.

The kiss was made short as Alberu let go and said something,

"I love you. I wish to court you."

Cale seemed to forget how to breathe as he stared into the dark blue eyes of Alberu.

The world seemed to stop for a moment, letting the two enjoy the moment, staring into each other's eyes.

—--------------------------

...

MORE KISSING SCENES- CURSE YOU ME!!!!!

I can't with kissing scenes :,) Kills me every time.

Why do I torture myself-

Words: 1201