Chapter 5- In The Forest (Edited)

Saturday:

Avery's POV:

After Kate and I had our little moment in my dorm we left. We headed to the lake for lunch. We walked to the lake in silence. It wasn't awkward for us. Before, we used to call everyday and just talk. Most of the time we would just sit there in silence and it would be okay. Once we reached the lake that's when we started talking. We talked about our plans on how to get home, we played smash or pass, we played kiss, marry, kill, we did a lot of stuff.

It was finally time to meet the boys for ice skating. We saw them appear from the shadows and watched them walk over to us.

When they sat down next to us they finished the rest of the food and digested. After about 45 minutes we decided to go skating. I know it's probably not a really bright idea but it seemed fun at the moment.

While we were on the ice I heard a scream. It wasn't one of us though because we were all talking. The scream happened again and it was coming from the forbidden forest. I got off the ice and changed into my snow boots then started walking in the direction of the forest.

"I'm gonna take a look." As I was walking someone pulled at my wrist. I was gonna scream at them but it was Mattheo. "What the hell?" I exclaimed.

"Kate told me to go with you. Just Incase you get scared." Mattheo shrugged and continued to walk  in-front of me. I followed behind him as we were in the forest. So far nothing has happened. The scream happened again and this time I got scared. I let out a scared squeal and Mattheo looked at me weirdly. "Oh Salazar, stop being a pussy." He rolled his eyes.

"I'm not a pussy!" I snapped back. How dare this asshole call me a pussy! The scream happened once again and I turned around to run away in fear. But I ran right into Mattheo's chest. He wrapped an arm around me. I feel so embarrassed.

"Right... you're not a pussy." He said in a sarcastic tone and chuckled. I rolled my eyes at his statement and got out of his arm.

"Can we just go back to the others?" I muttered in embarrassment. I had enough with this forest. I wasn't scared or anything, it's just I've seen movies like this and it never ends well.

"Whatever you say princess." He laughed and we headed back to the others. I heard yet another scream but it was getting closer. I looked at Mattheo and he seemed uneasy. "You go on, I'll meet you back there." He jogged off in a completely different direction.

"What? Mattheo!" I yelled and he ignored me. I didn't know how to get back so I followed in the direction he went. I heard some voices talking. What the fuck?

"What are you doing here? I thought you went back home" I heard a deep voice say. It sounded like Mattheo. There was another voice but I couldn't hear it well. It sounded somewhat familiar. "I'm not going back home." So he could've went back home for break but decided to stay. I would've gone home. I heard footsteps walking towards me and I froze. "Salazar! I told you to go back." He snapped. I've never heard him yell before. It's quite scary.

"Who were you talking to?" I asked and walked next to him. He didn't answer me. I heard a twig snap and Mattheo put his hand over my mouth and pinned me against a tree. He put a finger to his lips signaling for me to be quiet. We were inches away from each other. We stayed in that position for about a minute.  He let go of me with a smirk plastered on his face. "So. Why don't you wanna go home?" I asked, and his smirk despaired. We continued to walk and he ignored me the whole time.

"Oh my god, I heard you scream are you okay?!" Kate yelled and ran over to me and Mattheo. I nodded.

I decided not to tell them about what I heard. One because it wasn't really my business, and two, it was t my place to tell them.

The four of us headed back to the castle to get hot coco. I told the group that I'll meet them in the kitchen. I was going to change back into my pajamas.