Chapter 7- Hanging Out In the Kitchen ( Edited)

Avery's POV:

We were hanging out in the kitchen letting the boys do all the work. It was quite funny watching them struggle. Theo burned himself twice, and Mattheo got flour all over himself. Kate and I laughed.

"You better wash that shirt later. I don't want it back dirty." I warned Mattheo. He rolled his eyes and nodded.

Kate and I were sitting down on one of the counters with our legs crossed. Mattheo and Theo gave us a cup of hot coco then got back to work on the cookies.

Meanwhile, Kate and I were working on a gingerbread house. I grabbed my phone from my pocket and started to play a Christmas playlist I found. I was humming along to the music then someone threw flour at my face.

"Hey!" I looked at Mattheo who had a bag of flour in his hand.

"Oops?" He laughed then dropped the bag on the counter. I hopped off from where I was sitting and grabbed the bag.

"Oh you really wanna play?" I threw flour at his face and started to laugh. He looked as white as a ghost.

"Hey! Watch the face! This is the money maker right here." Everyone laughed at his comment. He gave me a death stare and I dropped the bag and started to run.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" I started running around and Mattheo chased me. I got tired of running so I stopped for a quick second. As soon as I stopped Mattheo came up behind me and wrapped an arm around my waist. The other arm holding the bag of flour.

"Got you." He whispered in my ear. I never noticed how deep his voice was until now. We looked at each other in the eye and he smirked. Our face were inches apart. He leaned in closer and I remained frozen.

Is he about to? No. He wouldn't.

I closed my eyes then I felt powder on my head.

This asshole.

I shrieked and jumped out of his arm. I couldn't open my eyes due to the powder all over me. As I tried to, clumps of powder got in my eyes.

"You fucking asshole!" I exclaimed. I wiped the powder off my eyes so I can clearly see. As son as I got a clear vision of Mattheo I walked up to him and threw the remaining clumps of flour.

"Alright! Alright! Truce." He backs up and puts his hands up in surrender. I eye him a bit and nod.

"Fine, truce." We shake hands and walk back over to Kate and Theo on the other side of the kitchen.

"You guys are a MESS." Kate gestures to our bodies.

"Well, since we're all done in the kitchen, we should get cleaned up then watch the movie." Theo suggested. "Me and Mattheo will go back to our dorms and you and Kate can set up the movie."

"Okay! Remember we're all having a sleepover in Avery's dorm so bring something comfy to sleep on." Kate reminds the boys.

"Alright. Come on mate." Theo signals to Mattheo and they start heading out of the kitchen. The girls clean the kitchen up a bit then leave to Avery's dorm.

1 Hour later:

We were in my dorm watching Christmas movies. Theo and Kate were sitting on the floor leaning against the bed while Mattheo and I were laying down on the bed.

We weren't really paying attention to the movie. We were just laying down drifting off to sleep. I was very tired with all that happened today.

As I was starting to drift off to sleep I felt an arm snake around my waist. As I was about to say something Mattheo beat me to it.

"This is just harmless spooning." He whispered in my ear. I could tell he was just as tired as me because of his voice. It was still deep but a bit raspy. As I was laying in his arm I drifted off to sleep.

The Next Day: Sunday

When I woke up the next morning both of Mattheos arms were hugging to me. As I moved a bit to look behind me  his arms clung to me. He was still fast asleep.

When I was finally able to face him I looked at him with 'awe'. I admired his face and traced all the scars visible. He looked so peaceful sleeping. I continued to stare at him contemplating wether or not I should wake him up. I don't know what time it is though.

"I can feel you staring at me." Mattheo spoke in his morning voice sending chills all over my body. "Go back to bed it's too early in the morning." He said while shuffling around.

I played back the memories from yesterday to help me fall back asleep. One memory that kept popping up in my mind was the one in my dorm...