Chapter 14- The Library

Avery's POV:

I was in the library studying with Kate when 3 boys walked in. Mattheo, Theo, and Enzo. They all made their way towards me and Kate. Once they reach our table they sit down in front of me and Kate. I looked up at them from my book to be met with Mattheos dark chocolate like eyes. "Do you boys need something?" Kate asked right before I opened my mouth.

"You seem mad at us? Are you mad at us?" Enzo asked concerned. Neither me nor Kate spoke.

"Well, I am." I said under my breath. I expected nobody to hear me.

"Mh?" Mattheo asked in a hum. I shook my head and went back to my book. "Salazar, we have a tutoring session," Mattheo shut my book. "Let's go." He snatched my book and got up.

"Asshole. I was tutoring with Kate." I scoffed and rolled my eyes. I got up too and walked over to him. I was about to snatch my book out of his hands when he put it up in the air. I've tried to reach it multiple times but gave in. "You fucking bitch." I scoffed. "Bye Kate. Bye boys." I walked away towards the back of the library. Mattheo was following behind me. I turned at a bookshelf and walked down all the bookshelves. I walked towards the end and sat down at a seat in front of a table. Mattheo sat down next to me and laid back with his hands behind his head. He has already thrown my book on the table. I grabbed it and opened it to a random page. "Do you have a quill?" I asked Mattheo and looked at him. He had a cigarette in his mouth and a lighter in his hand.

"What?" He shrugged. "You act like you've never seen a person smoke before." He lit his cigarette. I rolled my eyes and read the pages. I kept reading, and reading, and reading.

"Give me that." I grabbed the cigarette out of Mattheo's mouth and fingers. I put it in between my lips and inhaled slightly. I held for a second then exhaled. Mattheo was staring at me in shock. "What?" I asked and shrugged. "This tutoring session is boring."

"Then let's make it fun." Mattheo placed his hand on my thigh. I grabbed his hand and put it on the table.

"I'm good." I shook my head.

"Can I have my cigarette back?" Mattheo asked.

"Let me think about it? No." I turned back to my book and started scanning the page. Something pink caught my eye. "What's Amortentia?" I asked Mattheo.

"Some dumb love potion."

"Does it work?"

"I don't know. My roommate has some let's go use his." Mattheo suggested.

...

A/N

Hey y'all. I kinda got hurt the other day so I might not update for a while. I bruised my hand and wrist so I can't type. I had to make my friend write for me, lol . Anyway, bye bye :)