Prologue:

//2005//

Rain poured down from the sky, drenching anything that dared stay out in the open. While people in the where constantly pushing eachother, looking for a place to get some cover, a lone girl who looked no older than 12 stood in the middle of the street.

She had long black hair and wore a gothic lolita style dress. Her eyes where a washed out purple, so washed out you could barely tell if her eyes held any colour in them. Her dead, empty eyes gazed up at the clouds with an emotionless stare.

 Her dead, empty eyes gazed up at the clouds with an emotionless stare

OPHIS "THIS IS SO SAD" OUROBOROS

"Hah! You thought I actually cared for you!? You foolish dragon, I'm a descendant of the great house of Leviathan! Such emotions are nothing to me!"

The girl chuckled at the situation she found herself in. Lost and alone. For the third time in her life, she felt a negative emotion. Pain.

"Hehe. Of course... Why, would a devil, care about somebody, other than themselves." Ophis smiled.

If you were to see her yourself, you'd think she had a screw loose. Luckily she had the forethought to turn invisible to everyone who wasn't a powerful entity.

Tears fell down her cheeks, but the smile never left her face. "I was a fool. The only person, who can beat Baka-Red, is Six and I. So stupid, relying on devils."

Unbeknownst to her, an unassuming man with a striking resemblance saw her.

"Hmm? Why is that girl crouched in the rain? Doesn't she know she'll get sick? Or...has she lost her purpose in life?" The man concluded.

"Oi, you're gonna catch cold standing there."

Ophis flinched before looking over at the deep voice that called her.

The man was tall, atleast for a Japanese man, and he had an imposing air around him.

"You can see me?"

"Hmm? It's not hard. You're the only person standing still after all. Come on, I'll buy you an umbrella." The man graciously offered.

Ophis stood up from her crouched position, but didn't move. "Why, are you helping me? I, am a complete stranger."

"Nani?" The man asked incredulously. "Who wouldn't help out a kid your age? Besides, I was at this point a few years ago and a good man offered to me his aid. Consider this paying it forward."

Ophis still didn't move. "...Are you, willing to listen?"

"Listen? I mean...I have some time, but not that much."

"In that case, give me some advice." Ophis breathed out a sigh, clutching her right arm with her left hand. "How does one cope, when betrayed by, someone they hold dear? Someone who, they loved...with all their heart."