Year 1: Chapter 5: The Quest For Cake

Ophis stared at the sleeping form of Y/N. He had asked her the day before to wake him before noon, and it was currently 11AM. Oh, sorry, that's 1100 for all you military nerds.

At this point, she had tried waking him 5 times since 10, all attempts resulting in no response. It was almost impressive how deep of a sleeper Y/N could be when he was comfortable.

"Should I just, kick him?" Ophis pondered for a moment. "Hmm, no. I need to stay, in his good graces."

Ophis folded her arms over eachother and furrowed her brow, thinking intently. Then her eyes shot open, an idea in her mind. Manifesting a pair of earmuffs, she put them on before pulling out two pans.

CRASH BANG CLANG

"SHUT THE HELL UP!" Y/N sat up and threw a bag in Ophis' direction.

"It is, almost noon." Ophis leaned out of the way before tossing the pans and removing her earmuffs.

"Didja have to be so damn loud!?" Y/N scowled.

"5 unsuccessful attempts, warrants drastic measures."

"Tch, you and your fancy words. Go die."

"Why are you mad? I only did, what you asked."

"Yeah, yeah. Fuck off." Y/N rummaged through one of his bags for bath products when there was a knock at the door.

Y/N looked over at Ophis.

"It's not a supernatural entity."

"Got it." Y/N stood up and opened the door. Standing in the doorway was a tired looking woman in her late twenties with black hair. Y/N recognized her as the one who shouted at him and Kiji yesterday.

The woman's scowl faltered as she blinked. She then looked down and was shocked to see Y/N. "Oh! Um, are your parents around?"

"Nope. Why? Am I being a nuisance?" Y/N spoke in a disrespectful manner.

"You were making noise?" The woman tilted her head. "Ah, no. That's not what I'm here about. I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Oka Yamanaka."

"Cool. Bye." Y/N went to close the door.

"W-wait!"

Y/N opened the door. "What? You introduced yourself, what else do ya want?"

"Well...nevermind. it's not exactly something I should ask of a stranger. Much less a child."

"Oi, I can do the work of twelve adults! What is it!?" Y/N took offense to being called a child.

"Ah, well...my husband took me to a cafe in Kamurocho for a date a month ago and I've been craving this cake on their menu called 'The Slice of Life'. Unfortunately, I haven't had the time to go back since."

"...Are you fucking kidding me?" Y/N's anger faltered, being replaced by an incredulous stare.

SUBSTORY: The Slice of Life

"Do you have any idea how stupid that sounds?" Y/N scowled. "Let's say I'm willing to pick this thing up for you; no place in Kamurocho has an item on the menu called 'The Slice of Life'. Trust me, I would know."

"Well, the cafe is really exclusive. The only reason my husband got in there was because he's friends with the owner."

"Fuck, now I'm curious. Fine. I'll see what I can do. Now go away! I need to take a shower." Y/N shut the door.

"Why, did you not say no?" Ophis asked Y/N.

"Huh? Didja not hear me? I was curious." Y/N replied matter of factly, before heading into the bathroom.