I Will Sing.

“Jesus, your voice is like heaven!” The male felt his breath stop at the sound of the female's word, could it be true? He kept his cool as he placed his guitar away in the same black-dirty case, turning around to face his darkest fears. Instead, it was a young woman he found. Almost as tall as him, which in the grand scheme of things, didn't mean much. Her shining gold locks kept him in a trance as she stared back at him with her soft cranberry-colored lips in a grin. She looked as if she were to fall right at this moment, she would break from impact. She was a cute foreigner, the thing he feared most.

The two remained 5 feet away from each other, just staring as time went by. “Sorry, I just really thought you sounded good! Do you stream your music? If not, I think you should! I would love your music on my phone--.” He could feel his heartbeat faster the more she spoke, biting his lip to stop himself from having a heart attack. The screaming of his internal voice, telling him to breathe and calm down started to make things awkward. He didn't know what to say or do, so he closed his case and quickly walked away. The female watched him in awe as he left, gasping for air secretly.

It felt as if someone was choking him. Stuffing toilet paper down, watching his soul leave his own body. And it fit him. He deserved to not be able to breathe within any female presence, deserved to have this trauma parade to show others his inner issues. Why? Because he killed her. Her death image appears constantly; he can see her on the floor, on his bed, no matter where she will appear in front of him. This will always be his fault and he knows it within his heart—he sees that he deserves to be punished. The girl will always haunt him with this, as a result, he remembers the promise he made with her. The promise, that he would sing for her.

One day, he hoped to meet her again in spirit once this all ends and is over. She was the only light he had left within the world, the only thing keeping him going. He wanted to be happy, he wanted the motivation to continue to smile with friends and others around them. It was hard to do any of that now ever since the accident. But he would instead try to make her happy, since the day that she left him. Then will she notice his achievements? One day.