Shame.

His back promptly hit the back of the wall, the concrete keeping him cool with the oncoming wind that messed with the tips of his hair. He brought the popsicle that burned the inside of his hand up to his mouth. Watching as the smoke from the city across the waters lifted into the air. The chaos they caused was wrapped up by the ringing of sirens and the loud wapping of helicopters above. The boy let out a sigh as he slowly slid down the wall into the fuzz of green, his eyes twitching to keep themselves open. “We really messed up…”

“Only natural.” Another voice answered, blunt but delicate in his Irish accent as they came over to the wall as well, resting against it. Finn lifted his head only to find it was Oliver, his smile aloof as he watched the scene in front of them. Soon enough everyone made their way from the convenience store, leaning against the wall. All they could do was watch to make sure that the mess they made was cleaned up. Though they had technically saved the day, they couldn't save the damages and people that were hurt in the process. And they watched with little reaction. The sound of robins and cicadas hitting the air as they ate their ice cream.

Out of all the moments he had with these guys, this was the first time Finn felt as if they were in unison. Mentally catching their breaths in pure regret. “We never speak of this again. Got it?” Kanden didn't even glance at the others as he tossed his popsicle stick to the side, lifted himself, and walked off. Finn watched, his eyes glancing at the other to see if they would even try to stop him. No one did. Emmett closes his eyes with disappointment, shaking his head which left Finn conflicted. He could feel his body slowly ooze out the little good emotion he had left, leaving him cold. Being alive after that wasn't a reason to be happy anymore— reasonably they failed.

“Agreed,” Keisuke muttered as he then walked in the other direction, refusing to follow his brother even if it was the correct way. Finn wanted to rush after him; he knew that Keisuke must be going through a lot at that moment. Who would ever want to be associated with causing damage to a whole city, again? Finn's head slowly went down, resting on his head as he watched the moving river that split the city in two. But then he felt a tap on his shoulder and looked up to see Emmett inviting him to leave with both him and Oliver. For some reason the feel of the wind was clearer at that moment, giving him a sensation crawling up his arm. It felt good.

His smile grew, showing his pointed teeth of silver as he jumped up to his feet, joining the two who had already started.

“What should we eat~?” Oliver sang.

“Corn Dogs!” Finn shouted out while his half-eaten popsicle was up in the air.

“Ew–!” Emmett shot back with a soft chuckle.