Atius

“Why have you summoned me–?” There was a pause in the stranger’s rough tone as if he took a double take on his own words. “Someone as young as you at that…” He chuckled, “Are parents attending to their kids an afterthought in this new age?”

A light sigh came in response as the pale hand of the boy placed down the papers in his hand, turning to them. There was this dark mist that surrounded the being within the room, surrounded by only candlelight to keep them in. Despite him trying to use jokes to avoid the fact—that he wasn’t human. Or well… He wasn’t anymore at least.

The boy observed them, reaching their hand out to touch the fog, only to wince in reaction. He yanked his hand back and witnessed the new shiny pink overlay that went over the back of his small hand. “You burned me!”

“I did no such thing. You shouldn’t have attempted to touch me. Now get to the point, boy. Why have you summoned me?” A growl came from the mist, causing the boy to recoil, and placed his lips on the burn to kiss it.

“Why do you think I summoned you here, demon?” The child scoffed, “To grant me my wishes. I will become the most powerful person of my generation. You must know of my amazing smarts.” He laughed in a way that he usually did; fancy to give himself more confidence in an uncomfortable situation. As he had learned from his parents.

“Yes… Smarts. Didn’t you attempt to eat a crayon three times in the past week?”

The boy’s lips pressed together reluctantly before spitting out a response. “Every child has to taste a crayon one in their life! There’s no shame—I’m sure you did the same!”

“Never once have, Elián.”

He stood up from his desk, trying to hold back his stutter as his Pacific clear eyes darkened at the demon. “WHATEVER!” Elián slammed his hand against the desk. “Are you going to give me what I want or not?!”

The inky mess calmed, now surrounding the outside of the individual in front of the boy as they waited. Elián then visually calmed down, placing his hands at his side. Distracted by the attempt to figure out what was happening in the opaqueness. Instead, his heart hesitated the second he heard the thing speak.

“You still haven’t told me what you wanted.”

The boy took a deep breath where his shivering took over. “I-I thought it would be obvious…”

“Not until you have said the magic words, will I be able to enter your mind. Do you know the rules?”

His lips pressed together again before opening them to force his voice again. “Yes. You are Malice…”

“Yes, but that isn’t my true name now, is it?” The demon spoke, his voice deepening, but Elián could tell he was smiling through his words. “Who am I, boy? Say my name and I shall be yours for the taking.”

And with a whispered, “Atius,” the candles went out. Leaving Elián in the dark to search for any little movement he could already see. “Atius!” He yelled this time, but there was no response from anyone, which made his breath hasten. He grabbed onto his desk, one hand feeling out to the darkness, “Atius! I said your name!” Elián’s voice cracked as water filled his eyes. “I said it! This is fair!… P-Please don’t leave me in the dark–! I’ve never had go–”

“Eyesight? I know,” A candle was lit as a man was now in his room, his head almost hitting the Ceiling. He waved the match in his hand out as he gave the boy a soft smile—it wasn’t a malicious one, as he expected. Their long, beautiful silver hair somehow aided their youthful, dashing looks. Elián stared back in disbelief. “I never said I would leave you. So there is no need to worry.”

“You could have warned me…” Elián whispered, using his sleeves to wipe away the tears that had already fallen.

Atius slowly crouched down to face the child with his present fuchsia under his eyes. “You wished for power.”

“... You better make up for scaring me like that—”

“Yes, my liege.”

[kinda got bored and wanted to do something black butler inspired]