~•𝗘𝘅𝘁𝗲𝗻𝗱𝗲𝗱 𝗦𝘂𝗺𝗺𝗮𝗿𝘆 𝗔𝗻𝗱 𝗖𝗼𝗽𝘆𝗿𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁•~

•Extended Summary•

In Central City, lived a young girl. One that was always hopeful, even when there seemed to be no reason to be. One that kept on dreaming, even when the world kept on breaking her, over and over again. One that loved the world, and believed that all people had some form of goodness in them.

But there's only so long you can hope, before you begin to lose faith. There's only so long you can dream, before those happy images in your mind turn into nightmares. There's only so long you can believe that people are good, before they prove to you that they're the complete opposite.

One tragedy is all it takes to change everything. In this case, that tragedy is the murder of Tessa Ferox's parents.

Living in the Central City Orphanage for three years straight, Tessa had given up all hope of ever having a happy life. She was broken. She was well aware of that. And, from experience, the nine-year-old knew very well that nobody wants something that's broken.

But, even if you're broken, the pieces are still there. And they form something new, under certain circumstances.

For Tessa, these circumstances were the Particle Accelerator Explosion, and the Dark Matter Wave that spread throughout all of Central City.

On that day, on the eleventh of December, was the day that Tessa Ferox would be reborn as something new. A metahuman.

On that night, she gained the power to shift into a werecat at the size of her choosing. Well, that's cool... right? No. The problem is, she can't control it. She can't control the murderous instincts inside of her.

When you have an insane feline pulling your strings like a puppet inside of your conscious, it doesn't help when you also have the ability to inject anyone that you sink your fangs into with an acidic substance, that could kill the average person in under a minute.

Being one of the most lethal metahumans out there, Tessa's supernatural powers put her in the crosshairs of numerous devious forces. One of them being none other than the man in yellow that claimed the lives of her parents.

Barry Allen, or better known as the Flash, had thought that the Werecat was just another generic criminal that needed to be stopped. But when he finds out that she's just a kid, however, that's when things begin to get complicated.

As time passes on, the life of Tessa Ferox becomes increasingly complex. Of course, there's the burden of becoming a metahuman... but that surely isn't the only problem that the young girl will face.

Tessa finds that her parents had kept a multitude of secrets when they were alive, as old enemies from their pasts relentlessly try to chase the nine-year-old down.

The crime rates in Central City have skyrocketed since the Flash has been around, and there becomes an increasing amount of mysteries to solve. Which, oddly enough, seem tied to the murder of Tessa's parents.

Since the day they died, Tessa had been bent on finding whoever ended the lives of her parents, no matter the cost. She knows that this growing number of clues might just lead to the answers she's been looking for.

While she delves deeper into the past, the young girl finds that things were never as they seemed. She must solve the mystery of the murder of her parents before time runs out. However, she won't be doing it alone.

As a plethora of mysteries awaits Tessa Ferox, can she solve them all before her enemies carry out their plans? Or will she be too far gone in her sorrow? Will she be able to protect Central City from those who seek to destroy it? Or will she end up causing more destruction than she does good?

•Copyright•

I do not own most of the characters that appear in this story. They are the rightful property of DC. I do own Teresa "Tessa" Ferox and some of the other side characters that appear.

Trigger Warnings

May mention of blood, death, child abuse, violence, swearing, drugs, alcohol, panic attacks, and mental illnesses like PTSD, so if you are easily triggered by these subjects this may not be a fanfic that you would want to read. I will put an additional trigger warning on the chapters that include panic attacks.

•••

It will probably take a while for me to write all the parts of this story, so please be patient if I don't update it regularly.

Please do not copy or repost this story without my permission!

Thanks for choosing to read this story! Hope you enjoy!