Chapter 3: Rise of the Werecat

Blinking a few times, Tessa's eyes were met with a blindingly bright light. Everything that happened on that night came back to her at once. That black cat that she called Lune, the strange purple substance, and... the wave that killed her.

"So... this is what being dead feels like?" Tessa thought to herself.

However, as her eyes adjusted to the light, she realized that she was very much alive.

She saw that she was hooked up to a bunch of different IVs. She saw the white-coloured interior of the room, and figured it out at last. She was in a hospital. But... how?

Now nervously sweating, she looked down at herself. Her skin wasn't burnt at all. It showed no signs of being exposed to a corrosive material of any kind.

Furrowing her eyebrows, Tessa now thought about possible conclusions.

Maybe, she was just having a lucid dream that entire time.

Maybe, she was just hallucinating.

Maybe, childcare workers came and found her while she was unconscious and saved her from Mrs. Snyder.

Tessa looked at the wall beside her, and spotted a calendar. Good. She needed to know how long she was unconscious for.

Scanning her eyes for the date circled, Tessa finally spotted it.

November 1st, 2014

In disbelief, Tessa reread it. No. She wasn't just imagining the date. It was actually there.

If it was November 1st...

That would mean that Tessa had been unconscious for approximately ten months. That's almost an entire year.

Which, Tessa realized, would mean that she was in a coma.

Tessa was extraordinarily confused right now.

What had caused her to enter the coma? What was that wave that hit her?

"It was a Dark Matter Wave." Said a female voice.

Tessa looked around frantically. Who the heck just talked to her?

"Relax. I'm a part of you now. Nobody can hear me but you." The voice assured.

"Who are you, though? Can you explain a bit more?" Tessa asked in her head.

"Lune." The voice replied.

Tessa was shook. That cat... what?!

"I seemed to have become a part of you, when the Particle Accelerator exploded. That was my original intention, so good. My plan worked." Lune said proudly.

"What plan? Plus, the Particle Accelerator wasn't supposed to be set off for another day..." Tessa said in a confused tone.

"My plan to turn you into a metahuman. It was December 11th, 2013 when you awoke in that back alley. Someone drugged you to make you forget the previous morning." Replied Lune.

"Okay... so... what the actual heck is a metahuman?!" Tessa asked.

"A metahuman is a person that possesses... well... abnormal abilities. Since you're about to ask who drugged you, I already know the answer, by the way. It was the man in yellow. The same yellow blur that claimed the lives of your dear parents."

"I..."

"I don't know his real identity at the moment, and neither do you by the looks of it. That's why we're gonna find out."