Chapter 4: Just An Eight-Foot-Tall Misunderstanding?

The werecat spun around, as she detected that the speedster ran behind her. Unsheathing her claws once more, the werecat hissed in warning.

"I'm not here to hurt you," The Flash said. "Me and my friends can help you at S.T.A.R. Labs."

Solis took a breath, and glared at the little red speedster. She wasn't the one that needed saving.

Solis prepared to lunge at him again, but Barry ran behind the werecat once more.

"Barry? Are you okay?!" Cisco asked over the comms.

"Yup... but I have no idea how to stop the werecat." Barry replied.

"Well, maybe you shouldn't have sped off like you always do and came up with a plan before running off into the line of fire!" Dr. Wells scolded.

Barry then heard police sirens in the distance.

Solis heard them as well, and took Barry's distraction as an opportunity.

Since Solis knew that Barry wasn't looking at her right at the moment, she shrunk down to the size of an average cat. Her appearances changed as well, making her appear to be just a normal stray cat.

Walking slyly over to Barry, she crept up behind him.

"Murp." Solis said in the language of cats.

This averted Barry's gaze back to the feline.

Barry's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. Why would the werecat want to make itself smaller?

However, his question quickly got answered when Solis lunged at him, unsheathing her claws.

It was a distraction.

Solis latched onto the arm of Barry's suit with her claws.

In alarm, Barry shook his arm up and down with super-speed, his arm appearing as a blur. He thought that this would be enough to shake off the cat... but it wasn't.

Solis just crawled up his arm, and leaned over.

Then, she very quickly bit down on Barry's neck.

Barry's eyes shot open, as he felt a burning sensation go down his neck, and spread to his entire body within an instant.

Solis then withdrew her fangs, and leaped off of Barry.

Barry didn't bother to look where the cat was going. He just ran. He knew that he couldn't hold on to consciousness much longer. His throat felt like it was on fire, so he couldn't even speak through the comms. He knew that he needed to retreat, as much as that bothered him.

Catching sight of S.T.A.R. Labs, Barry sped inside and ran back into the Cortex.

"Barry?!" Caitlin exclaimed in alarm.

Barry's vision blurred, and his legs buckled beneath him. Now panting, Barry was just trying to hold on to consciousness.

Cisco and Caitlin leaped out of their chairs, and ran over to assist Barry.

"W... Werecat." Barry stumbled over his words, struggling to even breathe.

"The Werecat? What did it do?!" Cisco asked, but then noticed the two small fang marks on Barry's neck.

Caitlin also noticed this, and furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

"The metahuman must've injected him with something! Something like... acid?" Caitlin thought out loud.

Barry then began coughing uncontrollably, a stream of blood now pouring out of his mouth.

Caitlin and Cisco's worried shouts faded, as Barry could no longer comprehend anything. All he could hear was ringing in his ears. His head spinning, Barry knew he couldn't hold on to consciousness any longer. Closing his eyes, Barry drifted off into a state of unconsciousness.