2 - Change

Many years later, almost immediately after Prince Kovu and his sister, Vitani, overthrew their mother and became part of Simba's pride, an issue arose. Due to the recent weather, the Pridelands had been losing too much water for animals to thrive, so the King was willing to ignite a Royal gathering and run through ideas with all the neighbouring King's and Queen's of their respective Kingdoms.

Over the recent years, a lot has occurred in the Pridelands. One of which being the many cub's mind and physique. For example, the Lion Guard had grown up a lot. Besthe was bigger and stronger, grew more hair and a lot nicer. Ono grew taller and wiser and Bunga... well Bunga got taller. Finally the leader of the Lion Guard, Fuli, had grown taller, slender, more rich in colour and her spots darkened in tone. Her eyes glowed even more and her curves were even more exaggerated. She was beautiful, mentally and physically. Being the leader of the Guard was no small role, and at first it was difficult, but in time it got easier.

The Guard was informed about the gathering by Princess Kiara, whom had taken up some more roles of the royal family from Queen Nala as she became... less agile and manoeuvrable. Fuli had instructed the Guard to keep watch and patrol the Kingdom whilst she met with Prince Kovu, and together were told to welcome the Royal's and lead them to Pride Rock.

"Kovu, how long are we meant to stay out here?" Fuli asked waiting on the Western Border for the first of the Royal's to enter.

"Long enough for all three leader's to arrive..." he spoke next to her, looking out to the vast mountains ahead of them.

"This is boring..."

"Yeah..."

They had never really bonded, or talked by themselves ever since Kovu had entered Kiara's life. They had nothing in common, so conversations like these were just plain awkward.

"What exactly do you do in the Lion Guard? And why are there no lion's in it?" He asked, conscious of the silence.

"Well, I'm entitled as the leader, so I give instructions and lead patrols, pretty simply actually. And..." she thought about the latter question, and whether or not she should tell Kovu about his Wife's impossible brother. "There was once a lion in the Guard... he was the leader, but left leaving me to take on the role..."

"What happened to them?"

"I don't know. They were nice, loyal and misunderstood, but I don't get a say in the cause of his departure..."

"What was their name?"

"Kion."

Fuli still thought of her old friend every day, but due to the way he left and the action he supposedly cast upon his perfect sister, she wasn't allowed to speak his name. She hoped the Prince next to her would stay quite, but she doubted that.

"Fuli- someone's coming!" Kovu shouted, moving forward a couple paces.

The cheetah was brought out of her thoughts and looked up, squinting at the body advancing towards them. It looked like a boulder, but she soon understood it was King Sokwe of the gorillas. But even after that, she understood there were more animals in front of him.

Soon, the three animals perched around Kovu and Fuli and sat down. First, was King Mbio, an abnormally large and eloquent young wolf. Second, and in the middle of the three, was King Sokwe, a large and humorous gorilla. And finally, on the right of the pair, was Queen Taji, a bright and orange striped tiger. They all sat together in unison until King Mbio spoke up.

"We are here to speak with King Simba, may you bring us to him?" He pressed quickly.

Kovu nodded and turned around, signalling to all of them to follow him. As King Mbio and Sokwe sped behind Kovu, Taji spoke with Fuli behind the group, somewhat bonding and getting to know each other. By the time they all arrived at the base of Pride Rock, Fuli thought of Taji as a kind and loyal tiger, somewhat reminding her of someone else...