3 - Home

"Where's Ono? He's been gone for too long?" Beshte concerned.

"Hold on guys... we don't have anywhere else to be, we just finished patrol!" Fuli said excitedly, trying to pick up the mood.

The Guard, Fuli, Bunga and Beshte, were waiting at Big Springs after completing the day's patrol. Fuli sent Ono off to check the Pridelands one last time and were waiting patiently.

"I'm fine with chilling here, it's great!" Bunga said as he backstroked through the water, happily swimming along.

"I'm here! Sorry for the wait..." Ono came in from the sky.

"Ono!" Fuli shouted as she ran over to him as he perched on a rock. "Everything good?"

"Yep!" He said very shaky and unsure.

"Ono..." Beshte said. "You ok?"

"Umm... I kinda spoke to..."

Bunga got out the pool and ran over to them. "Spit it out, c'mon!"

"I talked to... Kion." He gulped, terrified of the possible response the group would give.

"Kion... the lion?" Bunga asked.

"What other Kion is there?" The bird questioned.

"Where...?" Beshte asked.

"Just inside the Eastern border, outside Chkula Plains."

"Inside the borders!?" Fuli screamed. "Now!? Why!?" But before Ono could tell her she was gone.

"Fuli!" Bunga screamed, but Ono stopped him. "She'll be okay, just leave it..."

As the cheetah sped off through the grazing grounds as the sun dipped just below the horizon, she stop at Chkula Plains. She looked around the sides, and saw several animals gathering to go to sleep. She sped off again, without thought, to each individual animal to check for Kion. Eventually, she saw a separate hill with only one large animal lying under a tree. She smiled a bit and sprinted towards the animal, and the closer she got, the more she got excited.

She ran up the hill silently and started to crawl across the floor as to see if it was really him. She went around to his face, and what she saw was her old friend. He had a a single clawed scar across his right eye to the left of his muzzle. His fur was darkened amber, and ridden with dark and muck, forcing a darkening look upon his aesthetic. She crawled closer to him, making sure not to make a sound...

"Kion...?" No response.

"Kion..." she pressed quietly, before nudging his head carefully.

He stirred and looked up at her, before grimacing and frowning. "Fuli, what do you want?" He asked.

The girl hesitated. His voice was surprisingly dark and deep, and so powerful. "I- I wanted to see you! It's been so long! I couldn't just-"

"Let me rest..."

"But-"

"Fuli, we can talk in a couple of days. Tomorrow I will be returning to my home, I will not need to stay here after that."

"Can't you stay longer? And where do you live? Can I visit?"

"Why should I let you?" He growled.

The cheetah backed away cautiously. "What?"

"That night. You knew I didn't lie, yet you did nothing."

"I- I was scared. Your explanation didn't make sense!"

"Oh please!" Kion scowled as he stood up, walking away. "You were my friend, all of you were. You should know I would never actually attack my sister!" He shouted as he disappeared over the hill, as Fuli stayed up at the top.