Divus Crewel's New Life AU (Part One)

Divus had been thrown into a whirlwind when he was sucked into a parallel universe. No magic existed, no Night Raven, no Queendom of Roses. He didn't know what to do at first. He wandered for any type of answers. One day, he came across something he shouldn't have. He wandered into a club after they closed. The careless henchman had left it unlocked and weapons were on the tables. An illegal weapons trade deal. They grabbed him and bound him in a chair. "Who are you!?" A tall grizzly looking man asked. "Who sent you?" He continued to question, but Divus wasn't going to give any answers. "He won't budge boss, what do we do?" A broad man with a clean-cut look came in the room. "Try asking nicely." The man smirked. "This was clearly an accident boys. Why would you put this man through all of this trouble? Do you think one of our enemies would just waltz right in?" The man questioned. "Now, untie him and let's have a drink." He ordered.

"Tell me, what's your name?" The man handed Divus a shot glass of whiskey. "Crewel." Divus muttered. "What was that son?" The man asked "Divus Crewel." He spoke more clearly. "Divus, meaning godly" interesting name in these parts. You're not from here are you?" Divus shook his head. "I don't know where I am. I'm lost and don't have anywhere to go." He explained. "I see, well as much as I would like to let you go scotch free... You know about our little business deals. I wouldn't want that information in the wrong hands. I'll strike you a deal, you're lost and you don't have a place to go. Instead of me throwing you out on the street, why don't you work for me?" The man smirked.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

"Lilly, please understand that this is for you're own good!" Lilly grunted with annoyance as her father packed his suitcase. "You're ditching me to go to Italy! How is that for my own good?" Lilly continued to groan. "I'll only be gone for a few weeks. I have a big business deal I have to make and I'll be back! Plus, I have someone that will come check up on you! You'll be fine and you will be watched and protected." He patted the young woman on the head and walked out of the front door, passing a man that was walking in. "Hello, my name is Divus. I'll be looking after you while your father is away." He said as he entered the house. "Oh, nice. Can't even stay to introduce you before he jets off. Hi... I'm Lilly." She sighed as she held her hand out. Divus shook it and nodded. "Nice to meet you. If you need anything call me on this phone". He handed her a throwaway cell phone. "Don't let anyone know you have this." He warned. Lilly nodded.

Divus did a quick security check on the house before coming back to talk to Lilly. "You're father told me to protect you from his enemies. Ever had a run-in with any of them before?" He asked. "No... Not particularly but my father seems to think that someone may try to get to him through me, so I guess we can't be too cautious. After all, my dad is a criminal. He thinks I don't know but it's pretty obvious." She scoffed. Divus kept a poker face as she spoke to him about her father's line of business. Weapons dealing and drug dealing (although he didn't use them). Just made money off of other people's pain. "If you need anything call." Divus said before leaving. "Pshh... Whatever..." Lilly rolled her eyes as he shut the door behind him.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

Some time had passed and Divus checked on Lilly every day. She was a very pleasant girl and had a lot of things to say, but he didn't mind. There hadn't been any trouble but her father still made sure to have her watched from a distance. She was able to run her normal errands and live her normal life. When her father came home, she introduced him to her new "friend" she met at college. He was a respectable man and had a good job. He was nice but kind of snotty in Divus's opinion, or maybe that was just because he started to fancy her himself. He had thought she felt the same way too, since before her father came home, they found themselves indulging in each other's company once or twice.

"I didn't realize you had someone at school." Divus mentioned one night, after having a few drinks. Lilly's father had thrown a party for his employees and other friends at their home. "I didn't realized it mattered." Lilly replied. Divus shrugged as he downed another shot. "Guess it doesn't. You wouldn't want to get involved with someone like me anyway. I'm dangerous." Divus chuckled. "You're absolutely right, actually. I don't want to be with someone that is involved with my father or his line of work. When I graduate from college, I'm leaving." Lilly stated. This caught Divus off guard. Even if Lilly didn't feel the same way, they had become good friends in the past few months. "Where will you go?" He asked. "I don't know. Somewhere far away, where no one knows who I am. Someplace magical." Lilly smiled. Divus couldn't help but to think of home. He had been in this new world for too long, with no clue how to get back. He tried using his magic, potions, anything but nothing seemed to get him any closer.

Speaking of potions and magic... Divus had pulled rank and was very well known among Lilly's father's men. He was the closest thing to his right hand. Divus used him magic to keep them safe. They just didn't know it. Lilly's father thought he just had very good luck and therefore, he kept him close. No one could match Divus in secrecy, training, health, or wit because of this. Lilly's father also kept him close in case he got any ideas to start his own business and rival him. Little did they know, that's exactly what he planned to do.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

*Three Years Later*

Divus lit his cigar as he watched the news at the bar. An illegal arms dealer was discovered but escaped and had gone missing. It was Lilly's father. He had run off somewhere and was in hiding. This wasn't a good thing, not at all. His enemies, as well as law enforcement would be looking for him, looking for answers and Lilly was left alone, defenseless and now with a young daughter. After Divus had betrayed Lilly's dad, he quickly took the top spot as the new mob boss in the area. He was a rival but also then a much needed ally as of late. There was a new group trying to move up in ranks but Divus still remained untouched.

Lilly sat in her bedroom away from any windows or doors. She held her little girl in her arms and waited for the whispers and shadows to disappear. Someone was casing the home. She picked up her cell phone and tried to text for help "Simon, 911." But it failed to send. Simon was her boyfriend, the one from college that she had been seeing, but after he found out about her father, he abandoned her and Lucy. He changed his number and cut off all ties and now she was stuck raising a daughter by herself. There was a crash and the sound of glass shattering. Lucy started to cry but Lilly covered her mouth. "It's okay baby, don't worry and be quiet." She grabbed her phone from the ground and dialed someone she hadn't talked to in years. "Divus!!! I need you!" She whispered frantically.