Salem Absel and Doreen Mousse (OCs)

I have always been a big fan of Disney and specifically of Alice in Wonderland so I am having a lot of fun writing these Twisted Wonderland stories. I have been finding myself building a whole town of characters in the Queendom of Roses. We all know that Deuce, Cater, Trey, Riddle, Chenya, and Crewel all come from the Queendom but it seems that most of my OCs do too! I have Alexya and now I have two more. Salem (based on Absolemn) and Doreen (based on the dormouse).

Doreen:
Doreen has long wavy/curly light brown hair and amber-colored eyes. She is petite in size and about 5 foot 1 inches. She likes to dress smart (think modern library aesthetic) and sometimes wears glasses to read. Although very timid and anxious, she is sweet and caring.

Doreen was found as a child by a husband and wife in the outer forest that surrounds the Queendom. She was 5 years old, huddled under a tree in a rainstorm. She was terrified and very frail. They rushed her to the clinic that was run by the Absel family. She didn't trust anyone but the couple that had brought her in. She was very meek and very jumpy.

A local detective went out in search of her parents and answers. It turns out that the parents had abandoned Doreen because she was very small, afraid of everything, and she was the youngest out of 7 and they couldn't afford her. It was very tragic. The husband and wife decided that they would adopt her because they could not have children of their own. They took her in and made her feel safe and happy.

Growing up was tough for Doreen. She was truly afraid of a lot of things and it made it difficult for her to make friends and socialize. Her parents were very patient and loving but found it best that she was homeschooled. She was sheltered but not so much from her parent's wishes, but because she felt more comfortable and less anxious when she was alone.

One day when she was about ten, she got tired of being so dependant and decided to be brave and venture out to try to go to the library by herself. She loved reading and her mother and father would often bring books home for her. While walking down the road, she spotted a few kids playing in the park. One little girl, with platinum blonde hair and a red bow, approached her. "Hi, my name is Alexya! I haven't seen you around before. What's your name?" The little girl asked? "I-I'm D-Doreen..." She mumbled. "I like that name. It's very pretty! Do you want to play with us?" Alexya asked sweetly. Doreen was hesitant, she had never played with anyone but her parents before and she didn't know how to play their game. "I don't know... I-I was just g-going to the library t-to get some books..." Doreen stuttered. "Oh no, I forgot! I have to pick up cookbooks for my mom at the library today! Hold on one second and I'll come with you! Let me say goodbye to my friends." Alexya ran off toward the group of kids. Doreen was shocked that the girl had invited herself to come along, but walking by herself was a little daunting so maybe having someone else around would be okay.

From that day on Alexya and Doreen became best friends. Doreen was able to be her sheepish self around Alexya. She was kind and caring and knew that Doreen needed a different kind of friendship, a patient one. Alexya helped Doreen with her social skills. She was still cautious and was still rather shy and jumpy but she was willing to try to make friends if they weren't too pushy about it. Doreen also decided that she wanted to try to attend a real school. She joined Alexya in the local school in the Queendom and ended up liking it enough that she followed her to Royal Sword Academy where she would eventually end up being the Vice House warden to Alexya. She and Alexya are currently juniors.

Salem:
Salem has long, thick, blue hair, that he often keeps braided, blue eyes like ice, and light tan skin. He is about 6 foot 1 inches and very handsome. He has a pretty upfront and serious attitude. Growing up in a family of doctors has made him that way. You have to be upfront with patients and tell them hard truths sometimes and so Salem adopted that attitude outside of work as well. He is pretty brash and straightforward 90% of the time but he is sympathetic as well. He understands what people are going through and understands grief.

Salem's parents own the local clinic. The clinic in the Queendom of Roses is a holistic clinic that uses plants, nature-based items, magic crystals, and other oddities to help cure patients. Salem is often smoking a pipe or hookah (when able). He uses it to calm his nerves and sooth patients around him. The smoke that comes out and surrounds the patients is filled with essential oils and other herbs to help with stress and anxiety.

He has a circle of a few close friends but the group often sticks to themselves. They are all a bit intimidating in their own rights but none of them are bad guys at all. They just look like "bad boys". They get along with people easily enough and are able to adapt to their surroundings, although Salem isn't a huge fan of clingy girls or the " popular girls" that flounce around and try to show off. For a long time he didn't like Alexya, but he didn't rightly know her either. He just assumed she was one of those girls, but after he got to know her, he realized she was a nice young lady with an unfortunate mother who was exactly the type of person he dislikes.

He was a senior at Royal Sword Academy when Chenya, Alexya, Doreen, Trey, and Cater were freshmen. He has since been studying to become a doctor. By the time the juniors at RSA and NRC graduate he will have taken over the clinic as the new doctor so his parents can retire. Making him one of the youngest clinic owners in Twisted Wonderland, however, don't underestimate him. He is extremely intelligent and wise for his age of 22.

MEETING:
During the winter formal of Salem's senior year and Doreen's freshman year at the Royal Sword Academies, Salem had agreed to go with a young lady that he didn't necessarily care for, but tolerated. She liked him and she was a decent person. Doreen came with one of her friends that had agreed to escort her for the night so she didn't miss out on her first dance. Doreen was rather nervous but Alexya and Che'nya were going to be there to help her through it. Doreen wore a beautiful green dress with flowers on it. Her hair was naturally done, not styled, and her makeup was more natural and minimal. When she walked into the room, Salem noticed her instantly. He had never met her before and when they locked eyes, something clicked into place. Doreen felt it too, but although Salem was confident and cool about it, she was terrified and confused.

The initial look of shock on both of their faces when they felt their connection was intense but it only lasted a second with Salem, as he decided to approach her first. He wasted no time in introducing himself. "Hello, my name is Salem and what might yours be?" He asked in a charming tone. "M-m-my n-name is D-Doreen..." She couldn't even look him in the eyes. She looked down at the ground and stumbled on her words. He noticed her unease and smirked. She certainly was cute. He decided I take a softer approach. "Well Doreen, you are very beautiful. Would you care to dance with me?" Doreen looked up with a surprised look on her face. "W-what about your date?" She asked. "What da-... Oh... Right. I think she'll be okay for now. What do you say?" Salem extended his hand to Doreen. She was scared, but something about Salem's calm demeanor and gentleness made her feel okay. She reached out and took his hand and he led them out to the dance floor.

They danced all night. Salem completely ignored his date and Doreen's date wanted her to spend the time with Salem. He went to keep the other girl company much to her dislike, as she watched the boy she liked take an interest in someone else. He didn't care though and at the moment, neither did Doreen. They were truly soulmates and no one else existed in that moment except them.