Sangeeta and rashmi

Sangeeta Arora, born in 1975, and her elder sister Rashmi Arora, born in 1973, were convicted of kidnapping and murdering five children.  They had thirteen cases of kidnapping and nine cases of murder registered against them.

The sessions court found them guilty of kidnapping and killing six children.  The High Court has ruled that the prosecution proved five cases and confirmed the death sentence.

The Supreme Court of India rejected their appeal and sentenced them to death.  Their mercy petition for the President of India was also rejected.  They was said to be bipolar and schizophrenic.

On 18 January 2022, the Hon'ble Bombay High Court commuted the death sentence of sisters Sangeeta and Rashmi to life imprisonment on the grounds that there was "laxity on the part of the state machinery" and given that 25 years had already been spent in jail.  Option for state government exemption.

This is a strange true story of those psychotic and murderous women who created such a stir in the Indian crime world and caused panic among its citizens.

This is a story inspired by true events but is not a representation of the same, it is a fictional adaptation of the true lives of the three maniacal women.

There are 3 women, a mother named Rita Arora and her daughters, Sangeeta Arora and Rashmi Arora.  It all started in the 1990s when the mother of the Arora sisters often indulged in petty thefts.

One day Arora's elder sister Rashmi tried to rob someone in the temple and was caught by the people.  She was with 1 year old child Sanjay.  The mob started questioning and abusing her.  Rashmi starts making scenes out of fear of capture and even offers the child to them. She appealed to them by swearing on"her son" Rashmi and people let him go.  This was a turning point when these women realized that if they had children with them, they could avoid a robbery.  Rashmi's husband also supported her in criminal acts.  He used to steal vehicles from Delhi and then used these vehicles to commit robberies in nearby cities like Gurgaon, Ghaziabad and Lucknow.

From 1990 to 1996 they kidnapped 43 children, used them for robbery and then killed them after serving their purpose.  The state police proved 13 murders of children in court.

One day, Sangeeta is caught red-handed while Rashmi was standing with a child, Sanjay, who was kidnapped  from his guardians.  When people started beating Sangeeta, Rashmi suddenly slammed little Sanjay on the floor to distract the crowd.  Sanjay started bleeding. The Arora sisters made Sanjay a scapegoat and took advantage of this opportunity to loose the pockets of the three men.  Rita, believing that Sanjay was no longer of any use, killed him by beating his head with an iron pole.

Women began abducting children (between the ages of 1 and 13) across Uttar Pradesh from 1990 to 1996, using them for robbery and then brutally killing them all, usually against a wall.  broke his head.  His rule was not to become fond of any child.  He was not considered to be mentally unstable, as he had done all the killings very strategically, with a calm and calm disposition.

In 1996, Rita planned to murder her ex-husband's daughter from another marriage, but unfortunately for her, the police arrested all three killers before any of them could carry out such a plan.  At the time of arrest, Rashmi was 29 and Sangeeta was 25.  During the investigation process, a lot of children's clothes and toys were found in their house, which led to further investigation.

Rita turned out to be a cold, calculating criminal who was arrested on 125 counts of petty theft, including taking gold chains from people's necks and snatching them at railway stations.  After Rashmi's birth she became a thief after her first husband, a retired soldier, left her.  Rita died in prison a year after her arrest.

None of the killers would confess, but eventually Sangeeta confessed to all her crimes during police interrogation.  This created a huge stir all over the country, especially in Uttar Pradesh.  The police registered a case of murder of 13 children and made Kamlesh Arora (Rashmi's husband) a witness.

  In 2001, the Lucknow Court had given the decision to hang them till death, which was upheld by the Supreme Court in 2014.  Even the President rejected his mercy petition in 2014.

  In 2017, both the sisters tried to escape from the gallows.  He has not been hanged till date.

On 18 January 2022, the Lucknow High Court commuted their death sentence to life imprisonment, subject to relaxation being granted by the state, and quashed the death warrants awarded to both.

While Rita died in jail in 1997, Sangeeta and Rashmi claim that they do not deserve the death penalty.