Part 2

I barely got any sleep last night, What I said to Clay bothered me. No what he said to me that's what kept me awake. I hate him.
But am I obsessed with wanting to see him fail...to make a mistake?

I headed downstairs, my mom left me some coffee. I quickly poured some into a cup and made myself some toast. Today I had to get to school early to ask the sports administrator if he needed help with anything so I could start my service hours. I quickly ate and left the house.

I entered his office.

"Hey George, what can I do for you?" he said shuffling some papers around.

"well sir I was wondering if you needed help with anything, I'm trying to start my service hours for leadership and Mrs labonz mentioned you could help me out."

"Yeah sounds great, clay came to me yesterday saying that they could use a water boy during the football games.  would you maybe be up for that?"

There's his name again, why can't I ever escape him.

"that would be awesome thank you so much, should I talk to coach carl about it?" I say with a fake smile, dreading having to do this. and be around him.

"ill talk to the coach and he'll show you where you can get everything ready, here's a schedule of the games for this season," he says pulling a paper out of a small folder behind him.

We exchange thank you's, and I head off for the first class of my day, I put all my things in my locker and start heading to class.
My first class of the day I have with Tommy and Wilbur, I sit down beside them and I begin to inspect the football schedule.

"George what is that"

"George, George why do you have that?" Tommy says raising his voice when I ignore him.

"Nothing," I say and slide it into my binder

"so you're going to the football game tonight?" Wilbur asks snatching the paper from my binder

"Yeah, I'm the new water boy," I say rubbing my eyes.

"Damn" Tommy says trying to hold back a laugh.

"looks like we are going to then, gotta support gogy for his first game!" Tommy said in the middle of the weird scream laugh he does.

"no, you don't" I say to him trying to grab the paper from Wilbur.

"Oh sorry, I don't want to interrupt your conversation." Mrs. Grey says as she tries to begin class.

I snatch the paper from him and get settled in my desk.

I try to focus during class, but all I can think about is the game tonight. it just means ill be seeing Clay a lot more. I want to be mad but I can't get rid of this feeling in my stomach.

The dreaded final bell rings. Now I have to go find the coach and do this thing.

I walk down the hall to where I was told to fill the water bottles.

Shit. Why is he everywhere?

"the coach told me to teach you how to do this" clay says unscrewing the lids off waterbottles

"you know it's not that hard to fill up some water bottles, I think I can manage" I say while rolling my eyes.

"the Gatorade mix is in the cupboard, and here's the list of people who only want that in their bottles. you need to fill up this cooler with ice and this jug with water and the other with the blue Gatorade" He says stupidly sliding me a paper to me.

"You know you could just accept my help instead of being rude" Clay says opening the ice machine.

"Whatever," I say checking the list.

"Ok well if you don't need anything I'm leaving" he snarked at me, leaving the room shortly after.

The game starts in less than an hour and I have to fill up over 40 bottles. Ugh

I hate this.

-
I only have 10 minutes to get these to the bench. How am I supposed to bring them all there?

I have just enough time to ask the coach what they use so I run out the door into the hallway-

Clay, of course, he's here, making out with one of the cheerleaders no less.

I feel like I'm in a dream or something, that stupid girl doesn't realize he'll just dump her and move on.

"Can I help you" he grunts out glaring at me. Tearing his lips from the girl.

The girl just looks mad, Gave me a death stare.

I whip myself around and say-
"How am I supposed to get everything to the field?" With my back turned to him.

"The golf cart, there's a door that leads to the equipment storage room, it should be open" clay grunts getting back to his 'duty' as a captain.

"What a prick" I say under my breath. walking back to finish up.

"What a game gogy" Tommy says slapping his hand onto my shoulder.

"You know I think you were the highlight of the game it's like I couldn't take my eyes off you" Tommy laughs.

"It really was a great game, I was talking to Nikki and she said something about a after party to celebrate the win"

"I think you both could use some social interaction" Wilbur says with a grin.

"Absolutely-"

"NOT" I cut Tommy off

"I'm tired let's just go get some food" I really don't feel like going anywhere tonight. Especially anywhere clay is.

"Cmon George the lady's will be lining up for me as soon as we get there" Tommy says puffing his chest up and standing a little taller.

"Let's just go for a bit George and if you wanna leave I'll take you home" says Wilbur encouragingly.

I offer a small smile and they laugh.

Looks like I'm going to a party...

Well guys it's been long awaited but here I am and I bet your dieinggg to know what happens next so stick around bc part 3 is going to be muah chefs kiss. Well and a lil juicy.

Thoughts on the story so far or any ideas just lmk I love reading the comments :)
1045 words