XIX

Note: For those who read the previous chapter earlier, I made a small edit if you didn't notice! I forgot to include the acorn moment.

🐗🦋

She couldn't help gasping as she saw the home of Ubuyashiki Kagaya exploding in front of her. She was just a few inches away from saving him.

Then again, their master probably planned it. He chose to die to give them a fighting chance.

Aoi arrived with Sanemi. Just moments too late.

All that was left of the mess was who she assumed was Muzan and the female demon who had been working with Shinobu.

He's ugly.

Gyomei was the first hashira to get to him. As expected from being the strongest, Muzan was immediately beheaded.

"That's not enough, is it?"

When Muzan began regenerating, Aoi and the other pillars simultaneously launched their attacks.

Tanjiro, Inosuke, Kanao, Genya and Zenitsu were also there.

Everyone was furious with no time to mourn their kind, fallen leader.

Seeing their biggest enemy for the first time made her blood boil too. If it weren't for him, her parents would have lived. All the girls of the butterfly estate would still be alive and well.

She found herself falling with another demon slayer before either of them reached Muzan.

What an intricate power this is. It's such a waste that we don't have something like this on our side.

She landed on her feet and so did the boy with her.

"Are you an enemy?" She asked.

Yushiro looked at her. "How did you know?"

"I've treated every demon slayer at least once. I don't recognize you so you must be someone just pretending to be one."

"So you're a doctor like Tamayo-san. Working with you won't be a pain in the ass then."

"What was that?!"

"I'm here to help. Muzan is our enemy." He said in a serious tone.

He's definitely a demon. Aoi thought while observing his speed in the castle that kept changing its shape.

Yushiro's pupils resembled her enemy's but they also resembled Nezuko's who she saw as someone on their side now.

She trusted him because they were sharing the same look. The 'just lost someone important but there's something that I need to finish right now' look that was so common in a battlefield.

"We're going to make sure that the pillars will survive to help defeat Muzan." Aoi instructed despite knowing Shinobu's fate.

"Don't order me around. I'm older than you."

"What's your command then?"

"We make sure that the pillars don't die."

She glared at him. Well, more than she already was.

"That includes you, you know." He said.

Oh right.

"And save the other demon slayers we encounter." She added. "Tanjiro and the others aren't pillars yet but I can tell that some of them are already stronger than me."

He scoffed. The mocking type.

She shook her head to stop herself from asking him what his problem was again. Concentrate.