XXV

I thought this went without saying but PLEASE do not post the chapters of this fanfic anywhere else. (Currently should only be available on AO3 and Wattpad). I do not appreciate that.

🐗🦋

The snow that formed from her cold blood was also wrapped around nearby members.

While it harmed Muzan and sealed his movements, Tanjiro's cramps were disappearing from the coldness.

Inosuke and Zenitsu felt the pain from their wounds numbed.

Aoi unleashed a bigger attack than she anticipated.

The effect on her body was too much.

She recovered whatever she could, unintentionally getting back her auditory perception.

Grunts and screams of agony was all that was left to hear.

The love hashira's voice.

Then the wind hashira's movements.

Aoi could finally see the light as the sun was rising. She couldn't even force her body to move under the closest shade.

It's all up to them now.

"Everyone!! Just keep holding out!"

Agonizing sounds came from everywhere.

She finally let go of her weapon to cover her ears.

Not even an ounce of strength left to destroy my eardrums.

"Aoi,"

Two voices. Familiar, unfamiliar gentle voices. She'd gotten used to their voices but it was so unusual for them to be simultaneously gentle.

"Zenitsu-san.. Inosuke...."

They took her under the nearest shelter. Saving her just as she had done for them.

"Thank you."

"We're the ones who should thank Aoi-chan." Zenitsu said before leaving to help.

Inosuke also gave her a serious look. "I'll be right back."

Yushiro, also avoiding the sun, arrived at her side.

It was a shame that they wouldn't be able to witness Muzan's death.

It was a shame that they go out there and attack him a hundred more times.

All she could do was to grasp Yushiro's hand as they, along with everyone else, prayed it would be over.

Please die.

You could hear the commotion outside of everyone doing whatever they could.

All they could do was worry when they heard people screaming together in agony.

It felt like the longest minute ever.

Then it sounded like a triumphant chorus.

Grant my wish, Kamad-

It was only when the invisible link she had to Muzan was cut that she could catch her breath.

"Muzan is dead."

Yushiro confirmed.

Kanzaki Aoi was exhausted; she could no longer stop the tears from falling.

Is it really over?

Can I mourn everyone now?

Can we celebrate our victory?

Yushiro let go of her hand to help her body get better faster.