XXVI

Only a few people knew the exact day they were born. Most of them only counted the years and based their age on that. Kanzaki Aoi only remembered hers because her first family would always greet her on that day, calling her their blessing.

It reminded her that she was alive because they protected her and it was her turn to do the same for others.

Aoi remembered the day she was born but never told anyone because she didn't want to receive gifts.

It wasn't that special of a day for anyone until it became the day Muzan died.

It was their generation that defeated him.

Days of endless celebration passed. The survivors had calmed down and were ready to live the remainder of their lives as thankless heroes.

The final hashira meeting was concluded with Giyuu and Sanemi.

"I loved Kocho." Sanemi was unexpectedly the one to approach Giyuu when it was over.

Giyuu raised an eyebrow.

"The other one. Kanae." Sanemi raised his small dish of sake. "I'm dedicating this drink to the same people I dedicated that last fight to. To Kanae and Genya."

Giyuu did the same. "To Shinobu and Tsutako-neesan."

"To Oyakata-sama!" Uzui appeared out of nowhere, raising his own bottle. He dragged Rengoku Shinjuro to join them.

"To Kyojuro."

Back in the Butterfly mansion, Nezuko spoke with her brother while Zenitsu comfortably slept on the bed where Tanjiro was recovering.

"The demon hunters are finally disbanded, huh." Tanjiro said.

"It's like waking up from a long nightmare." Zenitsu mumbled, half-asleep.

Nezuko smiled. "We can focus on the future."

"Yeah."

"I'm glad we're both humans now, brother."

The room was filled with visitors moments later.

It became crowded but Tanjiro was glad to see everyone well and everyone was glad to see him with the same cheerfulness.

Meanwhile, Inosuke and Kanao stood outside at the blossoming tree, away from the fuss inside.

"I'm hungry."

"There's food in the kitchen."

"It's loud inside. Bring it out to me."

She ignored his request. "I've gotten used to it. Tanjiro-san has inspired a lot of people."

"Tsuyuri Kanao?"

"Shinazugawa-san."

The wind pillar looked awkward. "I won't be here for very long. I just wanted to give him to you."

He extended his arm towards her and Kaburamaru, Obanai's smart friend, crawled out.

"This is.."

"You're from a family of healers. Take care of him."

"What will you be doing from now on?"

He wasn't sure either.

"You're always welcome to our home." The mansion was left to Kanao and the other butterfly girls now. "The more visitors, the better. It feels a little empty since.."

"How does it feel empty? Tanjiro's room is full of people right now."

As annoying as Inosuke would get sometimes, Kanao tried to be patient with him.