XXIII

Note: I edited a small part of Genya and Aoi interacting in Chapter XXI.

🐗🦋

It was different from their training.

No spars where their skills matched.

No flashy organized movements.

No strategic planning to avoid being injured.

No half-assed attacks.

Everyone just gave it all they had.

They had no reason to hold back in inflicting as much damage as they could against the strongest enemy they would ever have to face.

Each destructive blow from Muzan was a hit that left a painful lasting mark, a severely damaged body or death.

Each side was as deadly as the other and they still had more than an hour left.

Still an hour and 22 minutes of direct, brutal and desperate fighting.

One life was lost right after the other.

The weak ones from the corps were the fastest to die from one hit. They died honorably protecting the stronger ones but it wouldn't be enough to save them.

Many of them were unconscious but alive.

Muzan started feeling infuriated when his clear victory wasn't enough to keep them on the ground.

In his mind, he would still win.

The only man who had a chance in defeating him was no more.

Conquering the sunlight is harder than killing all the lives of insects before me and I can finally do it once I get my hands on Kamado Nezuko.

Whose thoughts am I hearing?

The Kakushi were evacuating people from their homes because they landed in a city after the palace was destroyed.

Aoi would usually helo with evacuation but when she tried to sit up but the heaviness in her throat kept her down.

She began violently coughing up blood but she couldn't even hear herself because of the commotion all around her.

Muzan was busy fighting to acknowledge that his mind was suddenly connected to someone he thought was insignificant.

"Ngh.."

"Aoi-san!"

Her body was tossed far away before she could see Tanjiro.

He saved her from an attack.

"Tan-!" Although he didn't mean to throw her that hard, she became grateful because hitting the wall seemed to knock her senses awake.

Those who die quickly are fortunate.

"Those who die quickly are fortunate."

She could make out Muzan's words before he spoke them. They were louder in her head.

Why was his voice was inside her?

Everyone attacked by me will be done for. Look over there.

"Everyone attacked by me will be done for. Look over there."

She found him along with other corpses. Their bodies were horribly mutilated just a bit but they seemed almost unrecognizable.

Like fatal poison, that amount of my blood in their bodies will destroy trash like them.

"Like fatal poison, that amount of my blood in their bodies will destroy them. Even Kamado Tanjiro is already dead."