Part 1 (Horrible Situation)

Author's illustration

Far far away. There was a land that had both good and bad alike. A land that held a great power towards the world. Not the great power people look up upon. But one... we fear. WAR. A never ending battle between 2 lands.

Screams, blood, explosion. Everything was a mess. People who were weak and poor cower in the shadows. The rich laugh upon them and enjoy the view. The soldiers are at risk to save the country.

But soon, a prophecy was bestowed to them. A legend of two bound souls that will appear like a ray of hope and stop the lands from crumbling into a pit of sorrow and pain. A story that was bound to happen... soon.

Hyunjin's POV

"Y/N! Under the bed. QUICK!" I whisper-yelled to my sister who was 4 years younger than me. Well, step sister. "What about you?" She whimpered. I saw the worry in her tear stained eyes. "I'll be fine. Now hurry." She did as told.

Suddenly, the door to my room slammed open. I jolted up and looked at the two figures in fear. "M-Mom. D-Dad." They glared at me. "Where were you?" I looked down at my dad's question. "I-I was out in the g-garden."

I felt a sting on my cheek as I fell to the ground. I hissed when I felt pain as I could taste the blood in my mouth that came from the slit on my lips. "Tch. Useless brat. I told you to do the house chores!" I supported my body with my hands.

"I-I'm so-sorry." They came closer. I saw dad taking off his belt, making my eyes widened. I kneeled to them and started begging. "P-Please! I'll do it next time! I swear!" They smirked. "Where's your sister?" I felt disgusted at dad's question.

"I don't know." They scoffed. "Well, you'll be having fun." He started beating me with the belt in his hands. I felt parts of my skin ripped open as blood came out and bruises formed. Mom kicked me hard all over.

She took an empty bottle and smashed it on my body. I heard a small yelp and looked at Y/N's direction. I signaled her to stay quiet. She nodded slowly as her tears flew harder. I was forced to stand up and a punch landed on my face.

"Be thankful. If you and that batshit girl weren't for any use to us, we would have thrown you out in the streets to rot." Mom said before they left and slammed the door shut. I tried getting up but whimper and groans came out of my mouth.

Y/N slowly came out of her hiding spot and laid my head on her lap. Her tears hit my face. I tried hard to keep my eyes open as I saw her puffy face and smiled. "D-Don't cry. I'm still a-alive. S-See." She sobbed and hugged me.

She got the first-aid kit and treated my wounds. She helped on the bed and snuggled in close carefully as she didn't want to cause pain to my fresh wounds. I smiled and held her close. "Sleep. Everything will be a dream in the morning." I said to her softly.

She closed her eyes and soon fell asleep. I sighed as tears left my eyes. She's only 16. I'm 20. Yet look where we are. I cried as I thought of how weak I am that I couldn't protect her. My sister who I see as the love of my life. "I'm sorry, Y/N." I said before falling asleep.

To be continued...