Part 4 (The Demon's Appearance)

This will continue part 1

//2 years later//

Hyunjin POV

I was working at a café while Y/N was drawing and singing at the far end table at the corner. I looked up from the coffee machine and wiped the sweat off my forehead. I looked at the direction where Y/N was and smiled.

She looked so cute and all pouty and concentrated on her drawing. I washed my hands and went to where she was. It was a few minutes before closing time so there were only a few customers there.

"Hey, baby." She looked at me and smiled, making her eyes close a little. "Hyunnie! Look at this. I drew you making coffee!" I looked at it and smiled. "That looks beautiful, Princess. I look real here." She giggled. I messed her hair and smiled.

"Y/N. Clean up your things. We'll leave after I clean the counter and some tables." She nodded as I went to work. I quickly finished up, changed my clothes and locked the cafe. I looked at Y/N who was crouching down playing with a cat.

I smiled and took out a mask, wearing it. I walked to her and crouched down. "Is it cute?" She looked at me and smiled widely, nodding. "Look!" She lifted it up to my face, making me flinch and fall on my butt.

She quickly put the cat down and helped me up with a shocked and guilty face. "I-I'm sorry. I forgot you're allergic to cats." I smiled and got up. "It's fine." I took off the mask and kept it. I smiled at her. "Let's go?" She nodded.

//Time skip//

We reached home and quietly walked in. We went to my room and got in bed after taking showers. I wrapped the blanket and kissed her forehead. "Sleep." She smiled and closed her eyes. I sang her a lullaby and soon heard snores.

I looked at her and smiled. I got up and went to the kitchen quietly. I drank water and cleaned the glass. When I turned around, a slap landed on my face. I groaned. I looked at the person and stood Maria all drunk.

"Maria... Is there anything I can do?" She looked at me with a disgusting smirk. "I wish I could just sell you. Your nice body and face would make me millions." She hiccuped and giggled. I closed my eyes and sighed.

It hurts and angers me. But what can I expect from her? "And that useless girl." My breathing gets heavy. "But again. You gave as an asset as the chosen ones. Well, at least I didn't regret making a deal with the devil for it." I was shocked.

She left. I stumbled a little before running up to my room. I locked the door and ran to Y/N. I quickly hugged her tight, making her wake up. "W-What happened? Jinnie?" I cried. "Do you..." I looked at her with tears flowing out of my eyes.

"Do you want to leave this place?" She looked at me and nodded. "Bad man and lady hurt Jinnie. I hate them." She pouted, making me chuckle despite the tears running down my cheeks. "So, let's pack up."

She smiled. "Where are we going?" I held her shoulders. "Far far away from her." She giggled and took our bags. She moved into my room after Lucas tried harassing her and Maria beated her up. So, all her things are in my room.

//Time skip//

We got out and stayed at a park. She slept with her head on my lap. I wrapped a blanket I bought around her. Tears left my eyes. Suddenly, smoke covered the area. I looked around. I picked Y/N up and made her sit on my lap.

I hugged her as I looked around worriedly. "W-What's happening?" Suddenly, a demon appeared. I hugged her protectively. "W-Who are you?" He looked at Y/N then at me. "You're the chosen ones." I widened my eyes. "The demon?"

He sighed. "I feel sorry for you. Having such parents. And her." He indicated to Y/N. At least thanks to them, she didn't rot under that bridge as a fetus." He sighed. "Two options. She turns 20. Or end it now." I was in tears. "No." "I'm sorry." He disappeared.

To be continued...