Part 5 (It's Time)

Bonded By War

~Entry five~

~Hwang Hyunjin~
Writer: Violet Lee

Mastermind: My bestie<3

Hyunjin POV

I stayed in the position after the demon left. "N-No. Anyone. But... Not Y/N... please." I looked at her. I caressed her flushed cheeks and cried. "Anyone but her." I hugged her and cried hard. I cried till I didn't know I fell asleep.

//Time skip//

I woke up and saw Y/N missing. I got up but my legs felt numb. I sat back down and looked around. "Y/N? Y/N!" She was nowhere. Suddenly, she showed up in front of me. "Hyunie! Good morning." I smiled. "Morning. Where did you go?"

She took out 2 bowls of ramen and pouted. "I went to get food but I didn't have money. A nice grandma gave me these." She sat down and handed me one with a pair of chopsticks. "And strawberry milks!" She took out 2 packs of strawberry milk.

I smiled. We started eating after saying our prayers. "Mmmhm." I chuckled at her cuteness and full cheeks. "Is it good?" She looked at me and nodded. I smiled. "Y/N." I called her. My voice came out croaky. "Hmmm?"

"Don't leave me... okay?" She smiled. "Never! I love you!" She hugged me, making me smile. I tried controlling my tears from falling. But they flew like a waterfall as I hugged her tight. "I-I love y-you too, baby." I cried as I hugged her.

//2 years later//

I got out of my car and entered the apartment that Y/N and I live in. After we ran away, I worked hard to provide Y/N the necessities she needed. Even if it meant that I had to lose some. It paid off as I had enough for both of our daily needs.

Y/N matured a little these years. But the fact she'll turn 20 this year makes me scared thinking back about the demon's words. I sighed. I opened the door and entered with the cake I brought on the way back from work.

Her birthday... was today. I sighed. I walked in and saw Y/N sleeping on the couch. I went towards her. I put the cake down and lit up the candle. "Y/N. Y/N. Wake up." She woke up and rubbed her eyes.

She looked at me and smiled. "Hyunjinnie~ You're back." She hugged me tight. I smiled. "You know what day it is today?" She looked at me confused. I chuckled. I took the cake and showed it to her. She gasped and closed her mouth as tears fell.

"Jinnie." "Happy birthday, Princess. Make a wish." I said with a croaky voice as a lump was stuck in my throat. She closed her eyes and made a wish before blowing the candles. Tears left our eyes. I put the cake down and caressed her cheek.

"Happy birthday. I love you so much." She smiled. "I love you too." We stared into each other's eyes. (P/S: She knows she's adopted.) I came closer to her face. "May I?" She smiled and nodded. I attached our lips as we moved in sync.

She hugged me. I lifted her legs and wrapped them around my waist. I brought her to the bedroom and laid her down on the bed as I hover her. We parted and I looked into her eyes. "Do you trust me enough, love?"

She nodded. I smiled. "Tell me what you want." "I want you, Jinnie. Nothing else." I smiled. Tears left our eyes. That night, I gave her a present she'll never forget. But I don't know the next, I'll be crying for her back.

//Time skip//

I stared at her sleeping face. I smiled. I covered her body with the blanket before getting up and wore my sweatpants. I went to the kitchen to drink some water. I sighed before going to the living room. Suddenly, smoke came out.

I knew what'll happen. The demon appeared. "You know what I want to say." I nodded. He looked at the bedroom door. "Looks like you both enjoyed yourself. I'm glad you did." I smiled. "You're better than my parents."

He chuckled. "I couldn't reject your parents. Dark magic ain't a game." I sighed. I looked at the door and saw Y/N sleeping figure. The blanket dropped a little, exposing her naked shoulder. I got up and went towards her. I lifted the blanket to her shoulder.

I smiled. "She just turned 20." The demon walked in. "I know, Hyunjin." Tears left my eyes. "Can't we... can't we be together. Is it really impossible?" The demon sighed. He walked towards me. "It's time, Hyunjin."I kissed Y/N's forehead. "We'll stop this." "I know." I look at the demon. He looked at Y/N worriedly. "What is it?" "I feel like... she's sick. But she's not telling you. I feel like she'll do something and you'll be hurt. But I don't know what."I look at him. "Whatever it is, I'll make sure she's safe until death."

To be continued...