*seven.

✩°̥࿐

The following Friday, Louis wakes up to his phone vibrating next to him. He picks it up without looking at the caller, still half asleep, answering with a groggy "Hello?"

"Lou, did I wake you?" He's met with a deep hoarse voice over the speaker. Instantly he sits up after realizing who it is.

"Hey! Yeah it's okay, are you okay? Is Margo okay? Am I late?" Louis quickly checks the clock seeing it's only six am. He feels himself more awake than two seconds ago, the unsettling feeling of Harry's voice makes it easier to wake up, worry filling his chest.

"Lou, babe, breathe," the older man chuckles and then falls into a fit of harsh coughs. Louis remembers Harry having a stuffy nose on Wednesday when they were saying goodnight on the phone and Thursday when he left for work that morning. When Harry came home that evening, Louis could tell the older man felt worse. Louis almost caved when Harry pouted after Louis said he would only kiss Harry's cheek goodbye but Louis wasn't risking it. And now he's glad he didn't. Even though he assured Louis it was his allergies. Louis recalled the man telling him he was only allergic to dogs, and they didn't have a dog.

"I knew you were getting sick!"

"I'm not sick." Suddenly, there's the muffled sound of Harry blowing his nose and then picking up his phone again. "Okay... maybe I am sick. But I called in today so you take the day off, I'm just gonna put some movies on and ask Beverley to take her to ballet later, okay?"

"No, I'm coming," Louis states, jumping out of bed, making sure to rest the phone between his ear and shoulder while trying to block out Harry's protests on the other end. "I'm coming over, end of discussion. You also wouldn't want to upset Miss Margo by telling her I won't be there today now would you?" Louis teases, his voice high and light, knowing how the little girl would react to that news.

Harry sighs, the rustle from the other end probably meaning that he's getting more comfortable in bed. "I can't believe you're using my own daughter against me..." Louis just snorts in response. "Fine, but please stay far away from me so you don't get sick, too."

"We'll see," Louis sing-songs, walking into the bathroom to quickly freshen up. "I'll be there in thirty."

Thankfully Louis got his car back yesterday from the shop so he didn't have to bug Zayn anymore, once again giving him the freedom to go where he pleased.

"You really didn't have to come, Lou," is the first thing Harry says when Louis walks into his bedroom. The older man is cuddled up in his bed, blankets pulled up to his chin. His nose is red and his lips chapped. He looks pitiful.

Louis tries not to think about how this is the first time he's stepped into Harry's bedroom. The cream colored walls are adored in pictures of Margo and his family, and there is a huge window pane with the currents closed making the room dim. Louis plops down the grocery bag full of tissues, Vicks, and the ingredients for him and Margo to make soup later.

"I wanted to." He frowns seeing Harry this way. Louis digs into the bag and hands Harry a new box of tissues and the bottle of Vicks for his nose. The older man gives him a look, thanking him, which just makes Louis want to kiss him.

"Margo is still sleeping, she doesn't know I'm home," Harry says before grabbing a tissue and blowing his nose. Louis nods, reaching over and running a hand over his forehead, feeling the warm, damp skin. He then runs his fingers through Harry's curls, smiling when the man relaxes into his touch.

"I'll go wake her, keep her occupied. Just rest, okay?"

Waking Margo up was a small challenge, as it is every morning. He explains that her daddy is home sick, and though she wanted to run and comfort her dad, Louis says that he is resting and they would see him later.