*eight.

✩°̥࿐

The Tuesday morning after their blissful weekend spent together, Harry ends up asking Louis something he was not prepared for, causing the boy to have a small breakdown, and now Harry is trying to calm him down while he occupies himself with haphazardly picking up toys around the living room.

"You can't ask me the day of to be your date to a work party!" Louis stops, resting his hands on his hips after chucking the toys in a bin. "I need to like— prepare Harry!" He motions towards himself wearing a loose cropped hoodie and black high waisted biker shorts, his feet clad in pink ankle socks as always. Harry laughs as Louis continues to stress out over this. Louis' going to hit him. "I'm going to hit you if you don't stop laughing."

"I know, I completely forgot, but Lou, it's fine," Harry chuckles, stepping towards him and cupping his cheek with a warm palm trying to get Louis to stop pouting. "I'm getting off early, Margo's going to Kaylee's for the night. After we drop her off, I'll take you to your place to get ready, okay?"

Louis sighs, visibly relaxing his shoulders at Harry's calm voice. "Okay fine." He lifts his palm and rests it on Harry's hard chest, leaning up to whisper in his ear. "But laugh at me again and I'll give you blue balls for a week."

"You wouldn't."

"I would," Louis fake coos, pushing him away this time. He bends down to pick up the last Barbie when Harry grabs his ass. "Hey! Go to work, you're going to be late."

"As you wish, sweetheart. Say goodbye to Margo for me, okay?" Harry kisses his cheek and he's gone before Louis can answer. He stands in the middle of the living room for a second, sighing to himself. Even though Harry's reassuring words are playing in his head, he's still nervous. He's going to meet all of Harry's co-workers, his friends, and... this is big. He's going to be a date for a work party.

Thankfully he has a rambunctious little girl to keep him occupied all day. They go about their regular morning routine with one significant change; Margo is an even bigger pain to get out of bed, saying she's not feeling well. Worried that she may have caught what Harry had over the weekend, and confused to how he didn't catch it himself considering, he takes her temperature and sighs in relief when he sees that it's normal.

"You don't have a fever... What's not feeling well? Your belly?" Louis asks while he sits on the edge of her bed, rubbing her arm for comfort. He sees her think for a second, her face goes blank and then her face scrunches up again.

"Yeah my belly," she whines, rubbing it over her pajamas. Louis can tell instantly she's faking it, the way she's over doing the voice and action.

"That's too bad, I know you were supposed to go to Kaylee's for a sleepover tonight..."

"No! I am feeling better now, see!" She jumps up and stands on her bed with her arms wide open. Louis gives her a pointed look and she frowns. "I don't want to go to ballet today," she admits, plopping back down and hanging her head.

"Why not? You love ballet, Mar," Louis asks, tucking a stray orange curl behind her ear, concern filling his voice. The little girl pouts and falls into Louis' shoulder, leaning her head on it to look up at him.

"I want to stay with you all day, and the sun is out, Lou," she whines and then a smile breaks out onto her face, perking up instantly at whatever came over in thought. "We can swim!"

Louis sucks his teeth into his mouth, making a hissing sound. When he speaks though it's clear he's teasing, "I don't know..." He says holding the last syllable.

"Please! Pretty please!" Margo begs, giving Louis the famous puppy dog eyes and pouty lip.

Pausing, Louis eyes her, and of course, gives in. "Fine..."