fourteen.

✩°̥࿐

Eight years later...

"Harry, stop," Louis mumbles against heated lips, a light laugh turns into a whine high in his throat. Louis tries to wiggle out of his grasp as he feels hands roaming the bare skin underneath his shirt, his sleep shorts already pulled halfway down his bum as lips attack his own. Louis pecks him once, twice before forcing himself to pull away from the man hovering above him. Louis was enjoying a nap on the couch, trying to catch up on sleep after working four days straight and, when he woke up to something or someone jumping on him, he was obviously a little cranky. "Margo will be home soon."

"She's at Jessica's, it's fine," Harry breathes, leaning down and pressing his tongue into Louis' mouth. Louis keens, arching into the feeling of Harry pressing his hips down against his. Before they get any further, and before they get to the point of no turning back, Louis pushes his chest up and sits back against the couch, lifting a bare foot and pressing it onto Harry's stomach to stop him.

"She texted me saying she was on her way home," Louis laughs when Harry sits back on his calves with a huff, his dress shirt nearly unbuttoned all the way now and tie loosely hanging around his neck. Louis has good will power that's for sure.

The older man groans, running a hand down his face in slight annoyance, then brings the hand back up through his slight salt and pepper hair. Louis wiggles his toes into the man's belly which makes Harry grab his ankle, pausing the movement.

"She was supposed to stay for the weekend," he pouts, the expression making him look extremely young for a thirty nine year old — almost forty, but Louis isn't allowed to talk about it. "I was looking forward to fucking you on the couch," Harry mumbles, leaning back over the man below him, pressing a kiss to his cheek, "and over the counter," another kiss just under his ear, making Louis squirm from his ticklish facial hair, "and in the shower."

He kisses once more unto his collarbone before slowly sitting up on his knees again, bringing Louis' foot with him, hovering it over his mouth. Before he can even get his tongue out, Louis pulls his leg back and pushes Harry's shoulder so he's falling onto his ass. " Hey... "

"You know once you start," Louis pokes his chest harshly, "you can't stop. So, get it together, Styles." Louis leans forward, pressing an open mouth kiss on the man's mouth. "She will be here any second—"

Just then, they hear the front door open, the creak filling the hallway and living room, making Louis fix his shorts quickly and sit up a little straighter. Even though it wouldn't be the first time the thirteen year old walked in on them — that was a very traumatic experience for all of them — he doesn't intend for it to ever happen again.

When Margo emerges into the living room, Louis and Harry's smiles drop instantly at the sight of her. First, she's wearing different pants than when she had left this morning for school, and her eyes are bloodshot from crying, which worries both men.

Harry's the first to stand, a concerned look covering his face as he walks over to her to comfort the visibly upset girl. "Mar, baby, what happened?"

"I— " She starts, crossing her arms around herself to almost hide herself, her freckled cheeks redden and a sniffle shakes through her body. Louis is standing because now he's really worried. She looks up slowly, eyeing Harry sadly who reaches out to hold her when she mumbles, "I want to talk to Mom."

Louis pauses. The name still makes his heart skip a beat, even after eight years and being married to the girl's father, it's still so rewarding to receive. He doesn't hear it as often now that Margo is getting older. He fondly remembers not long after Louis moved in all those years ago was when she started calling him Mom. That was a tearful day for sure. (More tearful than when he moved out of his and Zayn's apartment and Louis saw his best friend cry because that hurt)