Dave x Bambi {FLUFF}

TW!!! trauma, mention of/ panic attack

  A cold, rainy night. The mood is glum and chilly, and Bambi is minding his own business, hanging out at Dave's house because he has nothing better to do. He's sitting on the couch with Dave at his side. It's late, and Bambi is watching tv while Dave is asleep. Bambi notices, and gets up to go get a blanket for his sleeping friend.

      He comes back, holding a huge blanket that's twice the size of him. Pulling the huge blanket over Dave, the smaller male stops and stares at the larger's sleeping face for a moment. Bambi blushes, adoring Dave. His admiration quickly holds, as he notices that Dave's breathing has sped up and he begins to twitch in his sleep, looking distressed.

      Bambi gasps, becoming worried. Tears stream down the larger males face, and he jerks awake, looking around frantically. "BAMBI!!! BAMBI!!!" he screams, looking around for someone, anyone. "Bambi please where are you?!?!" he must not be able to see well in the darkness. Bambi hurriedly jumps onto the couch, and Dave gasps sharply, beginning to sob. 

     Bambi places his hands on Dave's trembling shoulders. "Dave, it's okay, listen to me." he pauses. "I'm here, it's alright." Dave grabs Bambi and buries his face in his chest, lying on his and continuing to cry "B-Bambi I- I thought I lost you, I-I saw- There was fire- My legs-" his sentences are interrupted with panicked breaths and whimpers.

    "You had the dream again, didn't you?" Bambi asks softly, holding Dave closely, stroking his back and smoothing his hair. He nods, trembling and not saying a word. "You're safe, I have you right here with me and that dream can't do shit about it. It's going to be okay~" he soothes, gently lifting Dave's chin to look up at him.

      "Look at me~" Dave sighs, resting his chin on Bambi's hand, his breathing pace slowing. "I haven't been able to sleep well, I- I was... a little bit worried it would happen while you were over." Bambi shakes his head, smiling down at him. 

     "Well it's okay now, and there is nothing to worry about. Is there anything you need?" Dave half lids his eyes, blushing and wiping his tears. "Well maybe one thing..." he props himself up on his elbows and gives Bambi a small peck on the lips, making him blush wildly. "I love you Bam~" he settles back down again, snuggling into the smaller's chest and sighing. "Goodnight Dave~ I love you too~" and they both settle down for the night, sleeping in one anothers embrace. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

word count: 431

this was kinda lazy, idk what I was doing. Just a short lil oneshot I made.