Chapter 1

I watched the blood from knee go down my leg and the heat from the sun burned my scrape. Dad finally came back with his hand behind his back.

"Close your eyes" he said.

I trusted him so I did. Then I heard a bottle open and recognized that smell. The smell of the place I'm terrified of. It was alcohol. I immediately opened my eyes and pulled my leg away.

"Stop being a baby and give me your leg. I can't leave your knee dirty" he said while pulling my leg toward him.

I kept pulling away when he stopped trying.

"Okay fine no alcohol. Let me just wipe the blood"

I nodded and let go of my leg. I closely watched his hands and made sure he wasn't tricking me like the last time. He took the wet cloth and wiped off my leg and dabbed my scrape. Then he took another wet cloth and started to wipe my knee again. Turns out he was 3 steps ahead of me and I felt my knee on fire.

"AHHHH" I scream with tears brimming my eyes.

I yanked his hands off me but he was 10x stronger than me. The cloth went deeper in the cut and started to move side to side while my tears fell down and I let out another scream. At this moment I was regretting trying to do trick shots on my skateboard.

Just then my older brother Hudson walked out to the backyard where we were at. He was 5 years older than me along with his twin, my sister Hailey. He was shirtless with a blue swim trunk and a towel over his shoulder. I'm guessing he was about to go to the pool since it was a very hot day compared to all the other days this summer. Hudson was like my dad the most out of all of us. They shared the same hazel and gray eyes just like me. They were both very muscular and are very strict about going to the gym and about diets. One thing they don't share is their hair. Hudson has his wavy messy brown hair as always, while my dad has a clean bald head.

Hudson came out and sat his towel and phone on the bench along with his disgusting green smoothie that he drinks everyday. While walking over to us he looks like a model with his abs, hair and beautiful eyes.

"Dude your almost like 12 and your screaming like baby over a little alcohol"

Ignoring Hudson, Dad finally stopped rubbing my knee with that horrible thing. My guess was that he was over me scratching and pinching him. I saw the marks I left all over his arms. I didn't mean to but it was like he was asking for it. He grabbed the bandage and put it over my knee. He took the first aid kit and walked back in the house. Hudson took that as his cue to start teasing me.

"You can't talk then huh. Oh you need your bottle baby. It's ok don't cry. I'll go warm up your bottle" Hudson said in a mocking voice.

"You sound so lame and stupid"

"Your as lame and stupid as me. Always acting like a girl and crying. When are you ever gonna grow up?" he laughed.

"When are you ever going to stop acting like a jackass" I said back and regretted what I let slip out my mouth.

Shit. Hudson put a big cheesy smile on his face revealing his green braces and started running towards the house. I sprinted right after him but I slowed down as I felt my left leg ache. Somehow we both reached the house at the same time and I grabbed Hudson's arm but he yanked his arm away causing me to fall backwards. He approached my Mom who was in the kitchen heating up my 3 month old sister bottle up. She had on a nice blue top that I made for her in my art class a month ago along with some black leggings. Her thick brown hair was in a messy bun with strands out on the sides by her ears. Her blue eyes looked tired and happy at the same time through her reading glasses. As soon as she saw us the happy in her eyes disappeared.