Chapter 2

TW: SA

"Mikey.....Mikey"

Ugh. It was my little brother Noah. He can be the most nicest and the most annoying at times. I mumbled for him to leave but it didn't send the message for him.

"No. Mommy said to come eat and dinners ready."

What!? How long was I asleep for? Taking my face out the covers I saw Noah and his annoying face. He took my Mom's deep blue eyes and has the same hair as me. Light brown filled with loose curls. We also share the same light freckles across our nose and cheeks. He's two years younger than me and could pass as my twin if it wasn't for his eyes and height. Even then people still confuse us.

"Sto-" I tried speaking out but was unable to with my sore lips. Noah looked at me wide eyes and then started giggling revealing his missing bottom tooth. I stared at him in confusion.

"Hudson told me that he beat you up but I didn't believe him. He really messed up your face."

I shot up from the bed and hurried to the bathroom. My lips were mostly red and purple with dried blood around my lips. They were swollen and reached up to my nose almost. Noah started to try and touch it but I smacked his hand away.

"Noah, I told you to call Micheal!" my Mom shouted from downstairs.

"I did and he's not talking to me" he shouted back.

"Micheal come down dinners ready!" She sounded impatient so I went downstairs with Noah. When I reached the kitchen she came over to me with another ice pack and handed it to me.

"Hudson is...."she started but just stopped.

I pressed the cold pack to lips and sat down in the living room with Chloe. She was asleep in her bouncer. Pressing the pack harder on my lips thinking it'll make the soreness go away more actually made it worse. My teeth felt as if they were to fall off and my lips like they were going to melt off. I released the pressure and just rested it on my mouth. How was I supposed to eat? I hated Hudson.

Mom called me over to the table for dinner. Her and Hailey served everyone chicken, mac and cheese, mashed potatoes and green beans. It smelled amazing. Everyone sat down but Mom went back to the kitchen and got a bowl with a spoon and handed it over to me. It was tomato soup. She knew I hated it but still made it. I made a face at her while she sat down.

"I have this and chicken and broccoli soup. Eat it."

I shook my head unable to speak with my numb lips. She sighed and everyone started eating. I glared at Hudson across the table. I could see him smirking. Hailey noticed too and nudged him.

"Eat the mashed potatoes then Mikey" Hailey suggested. Hailey is my favorite sibling and the prettiest. She has long brown hair stopping at her elbows and has the same eyes as Hudson. She shares my Mom's looks exactly almost.

I opened my mouth slowly and put my spoon in my mouth. It didn't hurt as bad as I thought it would. The dinner table was weirdly quiet today. Well not weirdly. It was like this for four days because Hailey and my Dad weren't talking to each other. Hailey and her boyfriend broke up and she was down and didn't go to school. Last night she went over the her friends house without telling anyone which my Mom wanted to let slide but my Dad didn't. They had an argument and didn't talk after that. Even Noah who is usually chaotic, was sitting down quietly next to me.