Chapter 13

We made our way down to the cafeteria and sat at our table, waiting for the others to come and join. The whole time I've been deciding whether or not to tell Nolan what I heard.

If I do, then what? We'll just snitch on them or confront them. Which will never work because it's them three over me. If I don't, I could just figure out what to do on my own. Play along and repay them at the end or just forget about her and drop her.

Lunch went by pretty quickly today. The loud noises of the cafeteria distracted me from thinking for a long time so I was able to speak without having thoughts popping into my head. We were arguing over the toppings on pizza and Prince insisted that his pizza had no tomato sauce while the twins pressed over needing to have mushrooms on theirs. Why couldn't they just eat simple chicken pizza?

I couldn't help but think of the worst as I looked at Anthony and Angelina. They got into this school through scholarship but they aren't that bad with money. They live in a nice three story house, which isn't compared to what we all live in. Of course there isn't a month that goes by without them remembering that. Whether it's when they come over to our house or we come over to their house. Even the horrible kids at this school who tease them about it. I don't understand what money has to do with the type of person you are.

They were my friends and I know they wouldn't ever use me or the others for money. They're too kind and have proved their friendship to us multiple times. But then again, I thought the same thing of Rosie. If I wasn't in the bathroom that time, I'll be oblivious to what sick plan they have going on right now.

It's wrong of me to think that of them. They would never do that me.

Nolan also kept nudging me to tell them about me and Rose but I figured I shouldn't tell them, since we might be over by the end of this week.

I got up and threw my fruit salad container out when I noticed something on the floor. I picked it up and saw that it was a blue beaded bracelet that had a few butterfly charms in sticking out of it. It was Rosie's. I looked over and saw her chatting with her friends.

As I looked back at he bracelet, I debated on whether to leave it there or face her and give it to her. Just pretend that everything's fine.

I ended up stuffing the bracelet in my pocket. I'll just hand it to her later.

**********

We've been in class for half an hour now, and this is now the third presentation I've watched. The teacher hasn't really said anything or indicated whether or not they did a good job at their project, which made me seem a little nervous. I was up next after this presentation, because of my last name. Why couldn't my last name been Xander or Williams. Something farther than C.

As I tried getting my laptop, to go over the presentation once more, I realized that I didn't have my bookbag with me. I replayed the events in my head from earlier and realized I never got it back from Anthony. Why does he even still have it?

I sneaked out through the back door of the class, not wanting to get points taken off disrupting presentation. I got detention for that last time.

While I walked in the empty halls, I tried hard to remember what class Anthony has after lunch. It could be Math, Music or Art. And I do not want to go to each class to figure it out.

Maybe I can go to the main office and ask for his next class. But then that comes with questions and then hall passes, which will ultimately get me into more trouble.

I got into the stair case and silently prayed that he was in art while I walked up the stairs. Walking inside the middle of a class is the worst.

Weirdly enough, I saw Nolan jogging down the steps engrossed with his phone.