Chapter 5: Mistaken By Profile Picture

Location: Silica City

Music: Meta Runner OST - Video Games

Ever since TAS Corp's server got leaked, the Silica City Police Department began to receive copious amounts of backlash for one main reason. This being the fact that Todd Spacey, the police chief at the time, was partaking in bribes from Lucks himself. It's how he was able to get away with so many illegal activities. The people now saw the police as corrupt as the chief. The chief tried to save face by getting a warrant out for Lucks' arrest. While the warrant did go into effect, it didn't really do him any favors. It also didn't help that said warrant became null and void once Lucks was shot. He was quickly discharged from his position as police chief. He was also given a lengthy sentence of prison time. Needless to say, a good amount of people in the SCPD moved up the chain of command once the police chief spot was empty. One of these people was an officer who went by the name "Digi" (pronounced di-jee). He moved up and is now a sergeant. Although it meant more responsibilities, he was more than able to take on the position.

Right now, he was in his police car, waiting for his friend and fellow law enforcer, Officer Ash. He had worked on many cases with him and was glad to have him as a partner throughout his career as a law enforcer. As the officer was getting some food to-go over at Pete's Silica Subs, a sandwich shop that's slightly better than Sooubway, the sergeant stared out into the beautiful city. It helped to calm his nerves. Although Spacey was replaced and imprisoned, it still didn't do the SCPD any good.

Ash: Hey, I'm back.

Digi unlocked the car and let Ash in.

Ash: So they were out of the Chicken Bacon Ranch subs, so I just got you a standard meatball. That good for you?

Digi: I guess.

Ash: Cool. Here you go.

The two then bit into their respective sandwiches.

Ash: You good, Digi? I feel like you've been out of it ever since Lucks got shot.

Digi: I mean, the guy wasn't exactly a good guy. I used to think that he was genuinely honest. That he was actually going to change the world for the better. But what he did has just thrown all of that down the sh*tter!

Ash: Uh huh. And are you still mad at Todd-

Digi: No, no! Why would I still be mad at Todd?! I mean, it's not like the SCPD now has a bad image because of him! It's not like this badge used to be a symbol of peace and is now a symbol of dishonor or some crap like that! I'm just peachy!

Ash: Okay, calm down. Look, we can't let one corrupt, now imprisoned, person affect how you feel about your job. Our job is to serve and protect. So we protect and serve.

Digi: [slightly frustrated] Fine... I should've arrested him myself. Thankfully Amber was there. I'm hoping Amber does a lot better than he ever did.

Ash: Yeah, I'm sure she'll be a great chief of police.

Digi: You and me both.

Ash: Yeah. So, how's the missus?

Digi: Well, she's still the most beautiful and loving woman on this planet, so I'd say pretty good.

Ash: Ah. I almost forgot that that's your answer almost every time I ask you that question.

Digi: Really? What about the times it's something else?

Ash: Those times it's the same thing but more... illustrative.

Digi: Really? I don't remember those times at all.