XIX

___________________________________________

"I might actually be in love with her," Lisa sighed, bringing her glass to her lips

Jennie shorted out a laugh, "Who knew that I spent months and months sleeping with you, living with you, cooking your food and folding your clothes, only to now discover that all I had to really do was color code your memos?"

Lisa shrugged, "I should have told you earlier, darling, I admit. How attached are you to that ring?"

"Oh, this old thing?" Jennie raised an eyebrow, "Not particularly. I only have it to signify my lifetime's love and commitment to the most ridiculous woman I know,"

Lisa grinned, "Anyway, I can't believe I went all this time without her. My entire week ran smoother than I can ever remember it being,"

"Is she cute?"

Lisa laughed, "What?"

"Mina," Jennie said, cutting another piece of her dinner, "Is she cute?"

Lisa raised an eyebrow, "I suppose. She's almost the size of a child though. And she wears glasses,"

"Lisa, you wear glasses," Jennie drawled, amused.

"I wear contacts. Not the point," she smiled. Jennie tilted her head, about to reply when their waitress came to refill their drinks. Lisa thanked the girl and she disappeared again.

"What about her?" Jennie asked interestedly. Lisa's movements slowed somewhat, and Jennie smothered a grin.

"I'm not sure what you're asking, darling,"

"Do you think our waitress is cute?" Jennie inquired with a challenge in her eye.

"Well," Lisa thought, trying desperately not to back herself into a corner, "She's half my age,"

"Stop trying to make me feel old," Jennie told her, "And she is not. Just tell me. Do you think she's cute?"

Lisa swallowed her filet with care, "She isn't unattractive, no. Though I don't think she's my type,"

Jennie bit her lip to keep from laughing. Her fiancée was trying hopelessly to play it cool, and failing in a spectacularly adorable fashion, "I see," the blonde woman hummed.

Lisa relaxed. 'I could be in the Matrix, with that bullet dodging.'

"What about my sister?"

She almost choked on her own air, and gave a great shudder not to show her surprise. Lisa glanced at Jennie's cool, calculating face, her blue eyes slightly narrowed in consideration. The brunette set her silverware on her plate gently, sending her own stare back at the woman.

"Jennie," she began, "I'm not sure why you're all of a sudden so interested in my tastes, but I'll try to head off the trap you're setting," she glared lightly, and Jennie felt a corner of her lips twitch, "I'm engaged, not blind. Yes, I can see other attractive features of females, but it doesn't mean I'm looking. Before you commence your questioning, I'd like to put it into the record that it doesn't matter what I think of them, you are the most beautiful creature I've ever seen,"