chapter 16

—HIS LEFT HAND CAME
to meet hers, and with that single touch, something flooded between them. They were trying to get work done regarding Praesidium, and yet there they sat, not doing much of the sort. "Regulus." she panted into the atmosphere, feeling her limbs loosen and the stress of the coming days slip away.

He pressed his mouth against her neck, just below her evident jawline, "Yes, Circe?" he said in a muffled manner, bringing his lips further down her body until he was met with her chest, heaving up and down in pace with his own.

"I need to finish this—" she began before he'd spreaded her legs apart, revealing the outline of further depths. Her lace stockings ran up her thighs until they brought him to her panties, sheer and flimsy. "—You're insatiable."

"And you're incredible." he smirked, running his hand up this route, knowing what lay further. "Tell me to stop and I will."

"Don't ever." she ordered, throwing her head back against the sofa. Flushed cheeks, swollen lips, mascara cascading down her eyes.

It was barely mid-morning, but that didn't seem to change anything. Existence had been a game of blood and deviancy so far, and the pair were trying to make up for lost time. They'd spent months in a fragile state, dancing around each other, unsure on where their hearts remained, and now that it was all out in the open, they were free to do as they wished.

Circe'd slept with many of a few people, but had used her body, or the promise of it, for decades. She saw her beauty, her desiring demeanour as a currency to purloin what she so deserved. However, it was all different with Regulus.

He didn't see her as a piece of property to be bought and paraded. An object to be used as his own gain. Some evenings, he would spend hours merely tracing his finger across her flesh, sparking moans and breathless pants out of her. Settling with her highs, only.

It was the bare minimum, but she'd never been exposed to it before.

"Regulus." she panted, bringing her hand through his hair. The Einar's legs were locked around his neck, bare from fabric as his mouth put itself to good use. Her back arched, her grasp faltered and as she reached a state of delectation, she found herself unravelling against him.

As she came down from her moment of lust, he watched with intent. The way her face tightened and then released as pleasure washed over. The way she would still mouth his name, even when her voice caved in. He used to always think of Circe Einar as this unobtainable pool that'd he never fall in, albeit here he was, drowning in satisfaction.

"So Praesidium's security?" he asked as she settled into the present, limbs still shaking slightly.

"Shut up." she ordered, "I told you not to stop."

His jeans came undone, and Circe filled herself with him. They started on the sofa and finished resting on a nearby wall, forcefully pushed against each other as their desire became more needy, more intense, clawing for release. Regulus swore, as his eyes rolled back, and his nerves hit breaking point, that he'd suffer eternally just to remember this moment.

And he knew, deep down, that suffering was to come. No matter their position, or their affairs.

"I feel bad for Peter's family," the assassin had muttered as she cleaned them both up, "they have to live here after us."

Regulus grinned, "What they don't know won't hurt them."

She threw his top against his chest, "C'mon, we're going for a swim. If i hear the word Praesidium once more, I'm gonna flip."

He raised his brows, "Praesidium?"

"Don't."

"Praesidium!" he called out again, running towards the patio. Outside, the weather was sultry, hot enough for a dip in their section of the water. That's what made Peter's home so great, on the outskirts of the building was a slither of the Lake, enough to be deemed private. It reflected against the sun, bringing about canary beams of gloss.