❄️ The Assassin of the Mist ❄️

I am a horrible person for leaving this on pause for so long 😭 buuuut I'm back! And thought my one month pause with this story I noticed how much attention this got. I'm impressed so thanks guys. I'll be working on updates for both the Twisted Wonderland fanfic and this Naruto fanfic as well so I'll juggle back and forth. I'll be updating the twisted wonderland fanfic usually first before this one is you ask and yea that's pretty much it. Aside from that everything seems pretty cool and here's the next awaited chapter! Happy reading!
*********************************************

Tazuna and the members of Team 7 we're currently on a boat that was hiding in the Mist. The ride from beyond their destination was a quiet one in which the young (H/C) haired genin simply stared into the water not uttering a single word from her seat next to the Uchiha.

"The bridge from here isn't too far now. Our destination is just upahead." The man who was rowing their boat said.

Up ahead was a giant uncompleted bridge making the team stare in awe.

"Wow, it's huge!" Naruto shouted.

"Hey, quiet down! I already told you, no noise! Why do you think we're even traveling like this anyway, huh? Cutting off the engine and rowing the boat. Moving around the dense fog in silence so they don't see us." The man reminded seemingly annoyed.

"Mr. Tazuna, before we reach the pier, I want to ask you something. The men who are after you, I need to know why. And If you don't tell us, I'm afraid I'll have to end this mission here when we drop you off ashore." Kakashi said in a serious tone as the four genin members of Team 7 glanced between Kakashi and Tazuna now waiting for an answer.

"Mr. Tazuna is everything alright?" The female questioned as she stared it the elder man.

There was silence lingering in the air for a few minutes until Tazuna finally spoke. "I suppose I have no choice now but to tell you. No, I want you to know the whole truth. Like you said, this is beyond the scope of the original mission given. The one who seeks my life is a very short man who casts a very long and deadly shadow." Tazuna said.

"A long deadly shadow? Hm, who is it?" Kakashi questioned.

"You know him. Or, at least I'm sure you've heard of his name before. He's one of the wealthiest men in this world. The shipping magnet, Gato." Tazuna said.

"Gato? Of Gato Transport? He's a business tycoon. Everyone knows him." Kakashi said sounding a bit surprised at the news.

"Who? Who? What? What?" Naruto immediately questioned.

"Gato is a very powerful business leader from a famous Company. But below that surface, with the same ruthless methods he uses to take over businesses and nations, he sells drugs and contraband using gangs and ninja. It was one year ago when he first set his sights on The Land of Waves. He came to our island and used his vast wealth to take control of our transport and shipping. Anyone who tries to stand in his way just simply disappeared. In an island nation, a man who controls the sea controls everything. Finance, government, our very lives. But there's one thing he fears, it's the bridge. When it is complete, it will join us to the land, and that will break his control." Explained Tazuna.

"So that's it then. Since you're in charge of the bridge, you're standing in this gangsters way." Sakura said.

"That means those guys we fought in the forest were working for Gato." Sasuke added as (Y/N) nodded in agreement.

"I don't understand. If you knew he was so
dangerous and you knew he would send ninja to eliminate you, why would you hide that from us?" Kakashi asked.

"The land of waves is very small and not
much of the people here have a lot of
money. The people who are building this bridge, they can't pay for an A or B ranked mission. It's just too expensive. If you end this mission when you drop me off ashore, there will be no bridge. They'll assassinate me before I reach home. But don't feel bad about that." Tazuna said.