Chapter 2

Wanda's pov

Y/N shook my hand and flashed a smile at me. His grip was warm and firm. I grinned back, shaking my head at the ridiculous trade we just made. Really, looking at him, I couldn't understand why half the school was in love with him.

Okay, I was kidding. I mean, I could. He was handsome, that part allowed no denying. His sandy, light brown hair was always ruffled, flopping over his forehead and giving him a boyish look that girls fawned over. His ocean blue eyes had a special twinkle in them. He was tall and lean, but still muscular. And his laughter was infectious.

But he was just Y/N, the boy who I grew up with. Pietro, Monica, Y/N, and l, We had been together for as long as I could remember. I had watched him grow through the awkward child stages into the boy he was now.

knew him, back to front, the same way that he knew me.

"Now we have to proceed with the most difficult part of our relationship" I told him. Y/N arched an eyebrow

"Which is?"

I tilted my head back and shouted. "Pietro! I'm dating--

My words were cut short with my brother barreling inside, a plate in his hand. Monica peered in from the kitcher where she and Pietro must've been cooking. Those two fought about everything, including their shared hobby cooking. And since our parents were so busy, of times Pietro was responsible for putting food on our plates. Monica sometimes helped when she came over. Or rather, in her words, not mine, to "tell that dumbhead how Wrong he's been doing it" Her face brightened. "Really Wanda?" She squealed and bounded into the living room, throwing her arms around me. "I'm so-N

"Who is it?' Pietro demanded. "If it's some idiot who thinks he's good enough-"he said        "Oh, shut up." Monica rolled her eyes. "Wanda is smart enough to pick her own boyfriend."

"Guys, you're jumping to conclusions," Y/N eyed Pietro warily, gauging his reaction. "I'm the boyfriend"

Monica's eyes rounded. Pietro stared.

"You came up with the idea." I reminded him. "You told Y/N/N to get a fake girlfriend" I pointed at my chest. "Here she is."

Pietro blinked. "Yeah, I did. But I never thought.

'That it'd be your sister?" I suggested. Pietro huffed. "Dude, put that plate down first, it's Mom's favorite. She'll kill you if you break it."

Pietro set it down carefully on the table and eyed Y/N. "Well, I suppose it's all good as long as you're both fine with it.'

Pietro was only a twelve minutes older than I was, which, probably meant that we should be arguing all day long. But we didn't live in a normal family. We had always been so close, we rarely fought. He loved me to death, just like I loved him.

Monica glanced at the clock. "Guys, I have to go, My-" She bit her lip. "l have to finish up some homework."

My heart sank. As soon as they left, it would be me and Pietro again, all alone in a house far too big. I knew our parents worked hard to give us the comfortable lifestyle we enjoyed now, but sometimes, I would rather be living in a crowded cottage with our parents, the house filled with happy noises all the time.

Y/N tipped an imaginary hat at me. "See you tomorrow, girlfriend,"

"Not. ln. Front, Of. Me." Pietro growled playfully. He punched Y/N's shoulder lightly, "See you tomorrow, man."

The door swung shut, and Pietro turned to me. I smiled at him. "What's on the menu tonight?'

"Paprikash." Pietro headed back toward the kitchen. I ambled to the dining room, setting up utensils, Pietro brought out two steaming platters of Paprikash. I sniffed appreciatively. "It smells wonderful."