Chapter 4

Wanda's pov

I woke up with Monica's feet against my side. Yeah, ask me how that happened. I loved Monica, but she had terrible sleeping habits. Crawling over to her, I flopped myself right on top of her. Monica grunted.

"What?' She asked sleepily, her mouth stretched in a wide yawn.

"Get up," I whispered, an idea popping into my head. I jumped off the bed and got dressed swiftly. "Come on, hurry up." Slipping over to my bedside table, I pulled out my makeup bag. "Hurry up!'

Monica rolled over, a sly smile lighting her face. She hopped out of bed. "you get y/n, I'll get piet"

I handed her mascara and blush. She laughed silently and darted out the door. I checked I had everything I needed, then crept down the stairs.

Y/N was in his sleeping bag in the living room. His Y/H/C hair was ruffled, and his mouth hung open. My time was limited, If Monica woke Pietro up and he started hollering...

I scooted over. Y/N shifted in his sleep. I halted for a few seconds, holding my breath, before sliding forward. Fishing for my eyeliner, I carefully applied it to his eyes. I had to give it to him: he didn't stir one bit, I hoped fervently that Pietro was as deeply asleep as Y/N was. He sneezed as I was dusting on blush. I finished with a quick swipe of eyeshadow. I had picked out a shade specially reserved for him- a shade I never used, Icy blue. Nice.

Whipping out my phone, I snapped a picture before rushing back up the stairs. Monica was already back, a huge grin on her face, "Wait till Piet wakes up" She said smugly. I smirked. "He'll have a heart attack"

"Good morning!" I chirped as Poetro ambled into the kitchen, yawning. I bit the insides of my mouth, willing myself not to laugh. Monica had applied mascara to his lashes, a ridiculous amount of blush on his cheeks, and purple eyeshadow that made him look as if he had been beaten up.

"Morning," He blinked, then rubbed at his face. "Why does my face feel-" He trailed off as Y/N joined us. Pietro's eyes stretched so wide I worried they would fall off his face. Y/N glanced up and leaped backward as he caught sight of Pietro. I could practically hear the click' as Pietro's brain put everything together, Growling, he rushed toward the bathroom.

Y/N blinked.

I gripped the edge of the dining table for support as I doubled over laughing. Monica was on the floor. There was a muttered curse as Y/n pieced the information together and raced after Pietro.

"Who?" Pietro stomped back, his face was now dripping wet. Monica held her sides, gasping for breath.

"You ruined my masterpiece!" She accused, grinning from ear to ear.

I managed to straighten just in time to see Y/n return, "Did you like your new face, Y/n/n?"

Without a word, he grabbed my waist and hoisted me over his shoulder, head down, feet up. I squealed and kicked, pounding on his back, but he ignored me. "Want to go for a morning swim, mermaid?"

"Don't you dare!" I struggled in vain. He was too strong. I didn't need to look to know where he was carrying me. He pushed open the French windows that led to our swimming pool behind the house.

"Come on!" I whined.

"You should've thought about this before you put makeup on me, sweetheart"
I squeezed my eyes shut.

He hurled me backward before I had the chance to take a deep breath, I crashed into the water, back first. Water enveloped me within seconds. It was absolutely freezing. Coughing and sputtering, I broke the surface, Y/n crouched beside me, a triumphant smirk on his face. "Mermaids belong in the water. I was just "